xisto Community
darkranger

See Through Clothing! Omg Finally

I read about this a few days ago. I don't know if this would work with a human body. If it does, why don't they test it on humans (just try it on someone's arm). This might only work on substances like plastic, but not on substances that are less dense, like skin.

1064328032[/snapback]

MMM... now here's a great way to while away time.. :)

I came across this site link which explains a lot about light, wave lengths and other optic stuff that's really easy to understand since all the writing has been done by a guy who started from scratch - understanding optics in layman's terms.

The outline of it all is that humans and animate objects (even inanimate objects that trap heat during the day like buildings) do radiate infrared energy (heat). However, for all practical purposes, capturing these bands of IR is called thermal imaging, which is electronically or chemically differentiating between hot and cold.

On the other hand, from the photography point of view, all objects (that do not absorb all IR) reflect the IR so it becomes visible through lenses that are designed to only allow such rays to pass through, or, by using special IR film (available at most photography equiptment stores) which will capture IR that is reflected off surfaces.

Now, using either means will allow capture of IR (either digitally or through film); as long as there is a source that produces IR for the object being photographed to reflect. Yes, most dark fabric that absorb colours will allow a high amount of IR to reflect back through it, making the object being reflected from, for all practical purposes, becoming partially visible to an IR capturing and imaging device. Security devices such as this one at eBay utilize IR emitting LEDs to create IR that can be detected when reflected off objects in absolute darkness.

interesting it takes someone this long to think of something like that oh wait hte military is hmmm somone has been a spying on them. :)

but i sort of still want one to play with. :)

arhhh. i need to clear my name. i didnt mean that in a perverted way, read the lines before that - i think thats unethical and i wouldnt do it.

i meant it would be fun to play with the lense though - see what it can do.

pf 4 lens from kayaSee Through Clothing!

hey Guy's

I think it is tricked photography I don't know how many people have noticed the pictures where they are showing it is a white plastic dummy genearlly same are being used to check defects for the knits garment becos it has a light inside which cannot be seen unless you turn it and when you put printed paper with white background it reflects outside and when you take normal pic with sony nightshot on  you should be able to see the same

Bye/sanyas

like the title indicates..What makes you think only men inventedThis. I am sure that there was a team that developed this and I'm reallySure that there were women involved in that team. This is a greatProduct for people who are in law enforcement or the military, however,If this got to the public market then it would be a scary thing.

ForThose who are unsure if this is even possible...It very possible it'sAll about filtering out what you don't want with electronics everythingGives off at least a little IR especially plastics which a lot ofFabric is made up of...So in my mind this thing filters out or amplifies different intensities of IR light.

-reply by Jayman

PRICE - spectacles that look transperantly through anythingSee Through Clothing!

If it really works its going to make lots of issues in the present world.

but knowing about this I would like to have it.

what will be the price of it if it is purchasable.

-reply by bobby