xisto Community
snlildude87

Fake Trap17 Accounts Members abusing the system

Keep in mind I have no confirmation on the validity of the following.I think that there are certain members out there (I'm not naming any names) who abuse the Reputation system. Said members, who I've looked at their posts, have not posted anything useful/helpful, and yet, somehow, someone has given them reputation point(s). Normally, their spelling and grammar isn't the greatest, but once in a while, they create this wonderful post that flows, and dramatically shortens my scroll bar. When search their post on Google, you get about thousands of entries of the SAME ARTICLE. This tells you that they plagiarized their post to inflate their credits, and it makes me extremely angry because I try to be helpful to other members as much as possible, and I don't get anything in return (maybe except for the satisfaction that I've helped someone).*takes deep breaths* I'm much better now.

I can totally understand your frustration. The reputation points should mean nothing. Where it counts is the hosting points they are receiving. I am sure that if someone is abusing the right to use this board they will slip one too many times and get caught. No one can cheat the system forever. Just be patient and do what you do best. It will only help you.

Frustrating, yes. How hard is it to find something to talk about, in your own words... I mean... how about this one...

C&C Generals README

Is it that difficult to use your little brain to think of something to write about? If you're desperate for hosting, go pay for it, and don't waste our time posting crap.

*sigh*

Going off now to deduct rep points from all those mindless morons.

Falseifying to get hosting credits is wrong and if caught is grounds for immediate termination of there account. I think that Opaque has been nice enough to offer this service to people. The least that they could do is earn there credits the right way. I have only got one reputation and that is it. But I do not care. Even if I am helpful I do not need some rank showing that I was helpful in someway. I think that the reputation system is more of a boasting system in my opinion, like a competition to see who can be the most helpful. But that is jsut my views.

as a way to weed out plagiarized content, you are all enjoined to report the post you find plagiarized by clicking the "! REPORT" button (found at the bottom left of every post). add the links from which content has been lifted, and after verification, mods/admins will take appropriate action.

Serverph,Thanks for the tip.Will try to help all the moderators stop this annoying abuse of the boards in future.How do you report "add the link" to help you guys out??RGPHNX

How do you report "add the link" to help you guys out??

after pressing the report button, you will get to a page where you can enter those details. :) when done, you can proceed to submit the report, and mods/admins get notified.

i don't see the big deal about rep points. so what if people are increasing thier rep using another log in? who cares? rep points don't give them better or longer hosting. rep points just don't mean anything. I could care less if someone had 100 rep from himself. doesn't bother me one bit.