xisto Community
iGuest

Has Anyone Bought The Video iPod ? So should you buy one?

Well the imfamous apple corporation has come out with the video iPod the past week and i was wondering if anyone has purchased it yet? 300$ is a lot of money and you wanna make sure its worth it. Personally i just bought a iPod mini and the battery broke the second day. But one thing i do like about apple is that they have great customer support. They are going to fix it for free and if not pssible they said they would refund my money. SO its just some thoughts to think about before you purchase the new iPod. Does anyone know of any new features of the video iPod that are not in previous generations? (besides the fact it can play videos DUHHH!!)

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

Well, I have don't listeng this new, but you can give to us, some link to see it.. or just maybe to see what are the options that they are offerting to the costumers, and maybe I don't know, be the first in buy it LOL. Where we can get more information about this new and cool thing?Thanks for all

Yeah, my friend got it. Brought it to class, we were watching music videos!It's BEAUTIFUL. I mean, for a tiny screen.Big things in little packages, guys. It's great.But for me, not worth $300. Sorry, Apple.

Ah depends on your usage of course. It is an okay stable product ... but how often would you use it ? Every day to watch those anime eps ? Excellent, your money's worth.Well video ipod has 20 mins of battery life I think. It's also smaller than previous generations. I reckon the rest is same except for performance and zomg color screen. I still got a third generation ipod, which usually freezes for a dozen seconds orso and hard drive has been making some noise now and then. I do have it for 3/4 years though.

I don't own the video ipod, although I do own an ipod. I use the ipod, of course, to listen to music, books, etc. I use it at work when I don't want to be bothered. I use it when I am in between places; usually when i'm travelling. I use it when I work out. These, I'm sure, are not unique to me. In every case though, I use it because I want to add a little 'soundtrack' to my day. nothing too obtrusive. Just to lighten the day. Meaning... I don't want to know that I'm using my iPod. I don't want to focus on my ipod. I want to focus on my life. So, in my opinion, how could a video iPod ever be a must have gadget??? And i haven't even talked about battery life yet!

I would love an Ipod Video. I currently have an Ipod Mini. I've owned it for about 2 years now...the battery life is starting to wear thin. I also have a lot of music. So I have to be constantly deleting old songs from my Ipod to add on to new songs. Which is a huge pain in the butt. Also, you can now watch video podcasts on your Ipod Video. !!How awesome would that be? Being able to watch AND listen to podcasts on your Ipod. AND having enough space for lots and lots of songs. :D

I say No! sorry but i am a habitual Apple hater!!

My phone is a better and bigger screen than this!! and it doesnt cost as much and guess what? its a phone too!!! and can do wifi etc...dont be fooled by good advertising and word of mouth from people that know nothing (this is how apple win market share) about tech ..just that it looks good..style over content loses in this house I am afraid :D

Posted Image

For some reason many people are obsessed with the wheel interface of the ipod. It's the only special thing about it, and it isn't really THAT great. Touch screen is better, usually, and although the wheel is potentially one handed you really have to hold the ipod for it to work. I still don't understand why apple's sales and the MP3 stuff exploded when the iPods came out, are they really THAT great?

iPod is like the rip-off company for people who don't know and won't bother to search for better products.They overcharge you for everything, i mean a stupid leather case for an iPod is at least $20 its pathetic.

I do not own an Ipod, nor do I want to own one. Ipods are causing some people to become deaf because they do not know what a volume switch is. A lot of earwax is a good sign that the ears are trying to preserve the hearing. Earwax serves a similar purpose as sunglasses, both try to protect by offering a shield. That is all earwax really is, a shield.

Anyways, if a person does control their volume, listening to an Ipod for an extended amount of time (even on a low volume) still does damage to the ears. The sense of smell, taste, and vision all involve chemical reactions. Hearing is based solely on physical movement.

When something vibrates, it causes the air particles to move. Different sounds are heard from different vibrating objects because of variations in frequency. Amplitude allows for the volume in hearing.

I do not really know how to properly explain from here, so it would be better for you to research on your own. :-)

Symptoms of Hearing Loss:
* Hearing but not understanding
* Turning up the volume on the TV
* Must lip read to understand speech
* Cannot hear environmental sounds such as game calls, traps releasing, crickets, etc.
* Strained personal relationships, denial
* Social withdrawal
* Fatigue and stress

An amplified rock band is around 120dB. Your ears can stand 120dB for about 15 minutes. So, imagine the Ipod at a loud volume. Thank you for listening to my babbling. :-)

Have a great day everyone!

It's worth it, just go to the online apple store and look for refurbished ones, they're only $179 compared to $300 and quality isn't comprimised too much...I just wish they'd hold a charge while playing video

I was going to buy the video ipod but it was really expensive and I did want to watch movies on it as well but the quality of the image was really low and you had to really squint to see things properly.I'm going to wait until a better version comes out because this technology is still in its infancy so its possible to get much better, and much cheaper products if you wait.

I have an IPOD video.Its black with a sleve on it.I give it a 8/10.Reason being is that:PROS:Control usuability is pretty goodColor optionssize optionsYou can watch videosMusicEase of use.CONS:there is a lot of lag between loading songs.Its a hard drive...scared to drop it because it is a hard driveI noticed that lots of people are having problems with it.You have to compress your videos..Hm...can't think of any right now.eFX