xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Dodger

100 Gigabytes Of Mp3s? ...in Your Pocket? wow

hey, well asmucha as i think that this is just so pathetic, i mena, how the hell will u eva use 100gb and even if you get close to insanely do that, u wont have enought batterry power to do that, unless they start creating self charging players,well its damn difficult to fill up a 5gb ipod, and its un heard off to even get 10gb of mp3s on your mp3 player and welll even if you manage to do that, trust me you probably hate like 12000 of the songs you have there, so the idea of a 100gb player is just sick, just sick, atleast the arcos player has 100gb but it is used for carrying your music and recording tvshows, thats understandable look.####################################################The Archos AV400 Pocket Video Recorder experience starts in the living room where you can record TV shows and movies directly from a TV, VCR, or cable / satellite receiver with a convenient one-time set-up TV Cradle. But entertainment enjoyment goes far beyond the living room. When on the go, you can watch videos and view photos on the large color LCD screen, listen to and record music, transfer photos from your digital camera and data files from your PC.#####################################################well if anyone has alot of money to spare ,then go crazy and get a 100gb player, u'll probable get tired with it due to the incapability of being able to fill it up..

the 26 days was calculated with 1.5minute songs, but the average song these days is 3-4minutes long....so it would double the amount of days...I have 1 gigabyte of songs on my HD, but i only listen to like...100mb of those songs XD.Well one thing is certain, they are better off with enabling it to be a portable HD, instead of enabling it only for songs, else noone would be buying these things...I hope Duracell or something comes up with like...ultra-lithium batterys or something, else it wouldn't be possible to listen the whole thing off, and I hate the idea of:Instead of carrying 10 dvds, carrying 50batterys just to keep up with the portable HD eating all your batterys energy..hehe :)

That's alot of storage space for music, that means there is no need to keep music on the computer HD anymore. Hope it plays lossless formats.

wow... being that my work computer is only 9G, that's pretty incredible. someday, when the prices go down, i'm gonna get one of those ipods which play movies and pictures and stuff. that'd be pretty cool to travel around with too.

Hahaha, I think it's too foolish for users. People have invented such players but they havent invented such batteries for them to play these 100 Gb of music. And anyway you don't need those 100 Gb. For me 1 Gb is enough. If I am bored with that music, I will just rewrite the flash in the player.

what is new in the mp3 world?100 Gigabytes Of Mp3s? ...in Your Pocket?

With the advances in technology as of late, What do you see in the near future for mp3 players?

There is speculation of a 1tb Mp3 player soon to hit, however I'm not granted with peoples that have consistent brain functions; and as expected they cannot remember the manufacturer.  Lame, I know, I've also heard of a New Micro Mp3 Player in the works from *SONY*, said to hold 40gb.

Personally, I have had virtually every type of  Mp3 player out there run across my desk, I love the Microsoft Zune because of its large display and user friendly d-pad, not to mention they are pretty durable.  I love the Ipod for its many uses, including a portable HD,the disadvantage to this is that the ipod HD spins.  With the advances in flash technology I could care less who makes it.. But "ME" "I", WANT - a flash based mp3 player with a 1 tb or greater capacity, it can be the size of DVD multi-pack for all I care.. But, and I say this for almost anyone out there; We want more space.. I know that "I" need 794gb to house my collection, and my Zune is 80gb, My Archos is 40gb, My Ipod is 80gb, My Zen is well, small... I simply cannot transport my music collection, even if I seperated genres it would still take 300gb for my metal collection alone.  you see my issue.  The simplest answer is to just "NOT" take all the music with me.. But I'm a musical fanatic, if I cant hear what I want to hear when it pops into my head, I go all OCD and track down the LP/EP/CD/DVD whatever it takes.. And hear it.. So I really do have a legitimate reason to have my music with me.   So, Any thoughts.? lol. I am sorry about my rambling.

-reply by Mr Aggro Magnet