xisto Community
sujith

Where To Start Learning Programming Please advise me on which language to

i want to know more about where to start - eg. what language is best for what i want

Where To Start Learning Programming

<a href=http://forums.xisto.com/topic/87084-topic/?findpost=1064326271 to Tamer78Aly</a>

Well I truly want to know where to start without later regreting that I started at the wrong place

Please advise me as I have this idea and want to put it into a program

Please let me know

My idea is a very intricate system to solve the problems of many issue in my work - printing is my line and I have a idea which I would like to put into a program

Please mail me back

Thank you

Craig van der Klashorst

South Africa

-craig

Here is an interesting link to somebody who is a skilled programmer, but wanted to decide for himself which language is most useful in general applications. He has done the best job I have seen comparing C++, Java, Python and Ruby.

He has chosen a relatively sophisticated computer-science problem, implementing a red-black tree for for maintaining a collection of data elements. He has coded it in all four languages, and constructed a very elegant HTML frame page in which you can compare any two of the languages side-by-side. As a result, you can just look at the different language constructions and get a sense of how the language is written, and what is needed to solve challenging problems.

If you are interested in trying them out, he even has the code in a zip file, so you can download it and work with it yourself. His conclusions are presented at the first link. Basically, when a programmer has chosen the relative importance of execution speed, portability, program clarity and ease of debugging, the programmer has probably chosen a language. Take a look! ;)

Pls , kindly help me I have opportunity of working in software company without having basic knowledge of it . Pls what should I do to become a programmer-reply by zeun

I would honestly have to say that IMO Python is a language you should start with, it is very simple and covers the roots of everything you should learn starting off. For references of tutorials, there are some on Wikibooks that you can try.

-reply by Helping