xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
GameUltra

Excel Question

I am trying to make a spreadsheet that will automatically add the numbers in the first two collumns in every row and write the answerin the third collumn, but I'd like it to carry over for every row after that, but without me having to set it to add them, does anybody know how to do this?

Can you provide a short sample of what you want? It sounds confusing, but do you want something like this:Add Column 1 and Column 2 and put result in Column 3Add Column 4 and Column 5 and put result in Column 6.....If so, why don't you just put the formula in Columns 3, 6, 9, etc... now and then just copy the formula all the day down the spreadsheet. So now when you enter data in Columns 1 and 2, 4 and 5, .... they will automatically be calculated on the fly.

Can you provide a short sample of what you want?  It sounds confusing, but do you want something like this:

Add Column 1 and Column 2 and put result in Column 3

Add Column 4 and Column 5 and put result in Column 6

If so, why don't you just put the formula in Columns 3, 6, 9, etc... now and then just copy the formula all the day down the spreadsheet.  So now when you enter data in Columns 1 and 2, 4 and 5, .... they will automatically be calculated on the fly.

1064326288[/snapback]

Yes, just putting in an addition formula in your column 3 to add column 1 and 2 would be the easiest way to add the forst two columns.

Click on the column 3 frost row and type "=A1+B1" and hit enter

Then get your mouse to the bottom right corner of C1 and click and drag. This should apply the formula the the entire column 3 on all rows through which you drag it.

I looked up the help section, but I haven't come across any wat to do this entirely automatically as yet.

More than one workbook open on desktop but independent of one anotherExcel Question

My computer was reloaded 2 weeks ago.  Now when I open Excell, the first workbook opens up normally but when I try to open a second workbook it actually replaces the first open workbook.  They are both on my Task Bar so I can access both but only one at a time.  I need to know how to be able to view more than one workbook on my screen at a time, NOT using the Side-by-Side options or those underView.  I need two separate workbooks open on my desktop at the same time but independent of one another.  Help!

-reply by Jaleebis

Comparing do columns of data Excel Question

The main objective is to compare Column A to Column B by saying, find XYZ in column A and if it appears in Column B then output the Value of Column B in Column C.If you could provide a short example, I would very much appreciate it.

Regards,

-question by Stephanie

export data from excel embedded in webpage to a excel databaseExcel Question

<p>I have a simple excel form(REP)...In Column A it has the heading  like Date ,Name ,Amount (A2 to A58 )etc.. And the values can be entered by differnt users on the column B (B2 to B58).So the user can fill the customer data and send it to one person who then should be able to save it into a database. I wrote a macro for this to take place ..Works fine.</p><p>But once I post the excel form on the net so that other users can access it and send it back to one centrallly located persone who has the file DSR.Xls stored in their system. Now it doesnt work But if I send the excel sheet to 10 diff people and they email back then it works ...Can making it available on the web will help me a lot ...</p><p>My macro : ----</p><p>Sub Save_to_DSR()</p><p>On Error Resume Next<br />Set wBook = Workbooks("DSR.Xls")<br />If wBook Is Nothing Then<br />Workbooks.Open Filename:="T:ShareDSR.Xls"<br />Windows("REP").Activate<br />Sheets("T & G").Select<br />Range("B3:B58").Select<br />   Selection.Copy<br />   Windows("DSR").Activate<br />   Sheets("Record").Select<br />   Range("A1").Select<br />   If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA("A:A") = 0 Then [A1].Select Else<br />   On Error Resume Next<br />   Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)(1, 1).Select<br />   If Err <> 0 Then On Error GoTo 0<br />   [A65536].End(xlUp)(2, 1).Select<br />   <br />   </p><p>   Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _<br />   :=True, Transpose:=True<br />   <br />ActiveWorkbook.Save</p><p>Windows("REP").Activate<br />Sheets("T & G").Select<br />Range("A2:B2").Select</p><p>Else<br />Windows("DSR").Activate<br />Sheets("Record").Select</p><p>Windows("REP").Activate<br />Sheets("T & G").Select<br />Range("B3:B58").Select<br />   Selection.Copy<br />   Windows("DSR").Activate<br />   Sheets("Record").Select<br />   Range("A1").Select<br />   If Application.WorksheetFunction.CountA("A:A") = 0 Then [A1].Select Else<br />   On Error Resume Next<br />   Columns(1).SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks)(1, 1).Select<br />   If Err <> 0 Then On Error GoTo 0<br />   [A65536].End(xlUp)(2, 1).Select<br />   <br />   </p><p>   Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _<br />   :=True, Transpose:=True<br />   <br />ActiveWorkbook.Save</p><p>Windows("REP").Activate<br />Sheets("T & G").Select<br />Range("A2:B2").Select<br />End If</p><p>End Sub</p><p> </p> 

-reply by Lakshmi

Excel help with linking TextsExcel Question

I have two column in sheet 1, where Column A heading reads "Company Name" and Column B heading reads Industry type. The idea is to see which company falls under which industry type and will be consolidated manually.Now in the second worksheet I want to write a formula wherein just by inserting a company name in one cell I can get the industry type to twhich the company belongs to in the adjecent cell.Please help.

-reply by Rajesh Yadav

looking for a command to "Go to a specified cell"Excel Question

I have a list of alpha/numeric items and want a command to go to a specific cell that carries the information for a specific alpha/numeric item.Example: Alpha Numeric number "L6" which might be listed on line d6 refers to a specified group of cells that begin with "b56".How can I get there from that L6 cell?

-question by plintz

Cell that shows latest updated text value from a group of valuesExcel Question

HelloPlease Help me:I have a sheet that its task to show the latest status of a device, the status is one of these "Active","Ready","Repair".There are a Master sheet shows all devices in the workbookAnd each device has a log in a sheet to show the status of device at specific time like thatFor example:A B1 Status Date2 Active 05-11-20113 Repair 07-11-20114 Ready 08-11-2011As you notice there is a specific status at a specific date, I need to make a cell that takes the last status of the devices and show it to know what is the Instantaneous Status.I know that making a variable that is updated each time by Status will solve my problem, but really I don't know how to apply that.Let me Explain clearlyThe Expected outcome is one of these status-"Active"-"Ready"-"Repair"Means that there is a cell must show the last device status depending on these valueFor exampleA B1 Status Date2 Active 05-11-20113 Repair 07-11-20114 Ready 08-11-2011 <----- This must shown in a cell (Last Status)Note that Date column is not important to show in the required cell, just the status columnAny explain I am ready,Please help me as soon as possible because I am stuck in this problemBest Regards.

-reply by Farouq