xisto Community
zeek

Notepad++ reallly rules

Note pad, heck yeah it?s good, I use it for my php file editing. It?s a good universal file/word opener, good for editing neatly and such.You can use it for html, or php, and maybe just CSS.It?s small In size so fast to open, so it?s pretty cool

Speaking of Notepad. I just started a Web Design class at my High School and my teacher said that we will be working with Notepad ONLY! He added that by the end of the semester we will be able to create an advanced "cool" looking website using only notepad.

From seeing all the positive comments about notepad...I'm kind of embarresed to say I never really.."clicked" with notepad.I mean I tried to edit a page in it once but..ugh I failed horribly so I just stuck to editing in browser :(.

I love notepad, not only can I edit some basic HTML, hopefully soon to be more advanced as my skill prgresses..I can also edit server cfg files for my couter-strike:source server. Heck If i have a file that I dont know what to open it with, I just drag it to notepad and turns out that notepad displays it! I used to think this was a worthless piece of junk, notepad, but now I realize that its awesome!

notepad ++, is truely a very nice tool and a good replacement for the windows notepad, i like the fact that it has a lot of formats, and it also organises a file better then notepad, it is great,I found its importance great when i used it for editing my virtual machine configuration files, this tool rocks, it is free and great

Notepad is a pretty nice tool, you can do anything with it, make any extention add any code, but I, personally prefer Wordpad, (for some reason or another my notepad isn't working).But the other web design programs are good, because you can see what you coded right away, unless it's server-side program like PHP or CGI as well as JavaScript.

Notepadd++ is a good editor. The only other one that i truly like is Cutehtml. Its not free buts its easy for me to use. Notepad++ has some great features that the normal notepad on windows installations don't have. of course. duhh.. lol. I like the colored text..

Notepad is like the GOD / Legend of all programs. You can code in it, use it for jotting some random useless info you find. It doesnt resource hog!, it doesnt have a stupid paperclip man and it comes free with windows :lol: Best program ever :P

Ok, first of all I agree that notepad is simple and easy to use and maybe for begginers is cool... But hey! This is notepad we are talking about! It doesn't even have the syntax highlighting! By just installing any new linux distro you will get tons of editors far better than notepad: Vim (and there is also gVim), Emacs, gedit... I personally prefer vim. It has so many commands and options and everything. Notepad has maybe 5-10% of what vim has... If you are scared by the command line interface you can use Vim with a graphical frontend called gVim. And yes, there is that gedit that comes with gnome desktop environment. It's cool, has tabs, has syntax highlighting and is very very simple, just like notepad (lol). So before you start screaming "Yeah! Notepad is the BEST! YAY use notepad! It's simple and cool yay!!!" please try all of these great free and open source editors.

I like notepad because it is simple.......the layout is simple......when you save, it doesn't create any file patterns like MS word does.....and it create batch files.....whatever that is.....