xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Destiny1405241510

Graphics Programs ??

Yeah, Gimp is great. I use it all the time, and I love it. I hear it's as powerful as Photoshop, and it has an advantage: it's free. :mellow:

1064325627[/snapback]

I agree that GIMP is a great freeware program, and powerful enough. But it can't compare to photoshop. Photoshop is inherently more powerful, and that's why it's a professional graphics solution. If GIMP was really as good as Photoshop, then graphics studios would be using that instead. No, i think the only thing that could compare to Photoshop is Corel, though I'm not a Corel fan. But if you don't have the insane amount of cash to bust on Photoshop, GIMP is as good as they come.

GIMP

https://www.gimp.org/

1064325584[/snapback]

I'd second that.. I'm not really into graphics, but I do have a huge requirement to make out templates for all the presentations I keep making. The GIMP has sorted out all my hassles with the more complex graphics software. It does have all the functionality of Photoshop and I'm lead to believe that of Corel Draw too (although I can't verify this one).

The GIMP is so great because, nearly every function you'd want to play around with on any layer is available on a right click. That makes it a very user friendly software. It's a blast to learn, and my experimentation days really paid off in the fact that I can not make out moderately decent templates for my presentations.

All the best with the GIMP - go for it. I'll drink to Open Source ware next time out at the pub.

Yea, I also am using Gimp, my first expierence with it was on linux, but I saw that it is available on windows too and installed, it needs gtk installed and i have felt some bugs in it, maybe it is only for me, but gimp on windows and linux isn't very stable, so be careful :mellow:

Yeah, going with the crowd here and saying GIMP. Although I love PS - you can't beat the fact that GIMP is free. I think you can download a trial of PS off Adobe's site. Not sure about that though - you'll have to look into it.

Try Ulead PhotoImpactProfessional Image Editing Made EasyUlead® PhotoImpact® 11 is a complete image-editing suite with easy-to-use tools for all your image and photo-editing needs. My Workspace fits the program layout to your style. Advanced features match today's sophisticated cameras. Extensive creative tools help you realize your vision. Whether you're new to digital photography or want to take creative expression to the next level, PhotoImpact 11 makes professional image editing easy.PhotoImpact is the perfect package for casual and occasional users. Commonly-used functions have large icons that are easily identifiable and are grouped together for easy access. You can easily import, browse, edit, and share your images all from one simplified interface!