xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

How To Check Validation Of XML Doc In .NET check if ur XML doc is well formed..

VS.NET provides a number of tools to work on XML documents. One of them enables you to check if a given XML document is well formed. While on the XML view of an XML document, you may useXML>>Validate XML Data of the main menu to see if the document is well formed. The system displays its findings in the bottom-left corner of the status bar. Similarly, you can use the Schema Validation tool to check if your schema is well formed, too. While on the XML view of the schema, use the Schema>>Validate Schema of the main menu to perform this task.However, none of the above tests guarantee that your XML data is alid according to the rules specified in the schema. To accomplish this task, you will need to link your XML document to a particular schema frst. Then you can test the validity of the XML document. To assign a chema to an XML document, perform the following steps:1. Display the XML document in XML view (in the XML Designer).2. Display its Property sheet. (It will be captioned DOCUMENT.)3. Open the drop-down list box at the right-hand side of the targetSchema, and select the appropriate schema.4. Now, go ahead and validate the document using the XML>>Validate XML Data of the main menu. By the way, there are many other third-party software packages that can also test if an XML document is well formed, and if it is valid (against a given schema). In this context, we have found the XML Authority (by TIBCO) and XML Writer (by Wattle Software) to be very good.

Microsoft offers an own little tool for validating XML:

"Internet Explorer Tools for Validating XML and Viewing XSLT Output"

Download and information HERE

All it does is adding two entries in Internet Explorer right-click dropdown-menu. The download is only 218 KB in size and consists of four files: msxmlval.htm, msxmlval.inf, msxmlvw.htm and msxmlvw.inf. After installing you will find "Validate XML" and "View XSL Output" commands added to your right-click menu. So one click and you can see whether you have valid XML or you can watch the XSL output. Fast and easy, try it out.

Of course this requires Internet Explorer I guess. :mellow:

GreetingZ

hei hazeshow .. much thanks to complete this topic.. I was thinking that I missed something in it.. once again thanks.. ye I have checked it and it worked good,,, its the easiest..