xisto Community
Killer008r

What Type Of Computer Are You Running On

-Edit-this is for Guy: Well unless you have a sufficent source of cooling I wouldn't suggest over clocking a P2. Other wise you want to go to go into the Bios, most p2's can be over clocked to run at a high p3-low p4 which is around 56 i believe, so when your computer starts up press Delete, then from the bios go into Standerd Cmos Settings and press enter on the CPU speed then raise it untill its around the 60's 70's see how high you can get it. If it dosen't boot just reset the Bios (that just changes the properties back to normal dosen't delete Windows or anything) To reset it there is a Battery on your MoBo Just take it out for about 30 seconds and put it back in. then start it up and try to see how much your cpu can handle, don't put it too high, maybe like middle of 70 at the most because your computer will almost litterly fry and that might be kind of useless to you having a fried computer.

Here is what I got:Dell Dimension 8300 (yeah its about 2 years old)2.66 ghz Pentium 4 processor1.5 GB RAM120gb internal hard drive250 gb External hard driveDVD-rom driveDVD+RW burner 3.5 Floppy Drive250 mb Zip DriveNvidia Geforce 6800 with dual monitor capabilitiesDell 19" CRT monitorwindows XP Professinal with Service Pack 2Standard Dell keybopardLogitec Optical MouseHarman/Kardon speakers with Subwoofer (so better than a lotta car steros haha)hmm thats all i can think of at the moment. I upgraded the memory and graphics cards mainly for games and 3DS max, cuz man those can kill some memory quick haha

Well I have 2 machines .. An old laptop which I only use when I am forced to (like when I go to a sleepover LOL)

Laptop named Dino (reffering to it's ancient nature)

IBM Thinkpad 390E

PII 333MHz

256MB RAM

12GB HD

32MB Shared vid

no soundcard stuff

I do have a cd rom and floppy in there :mellow:

Desktop named Apero

Custom Built

CompuCase Silent Case with windtunnel

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ not overclocked running 2411MHz in 32 bit win XP Pro

120GB HB Maxtor @ 7200RPM

1024MB RAM DDR @ 400MHz

ATi Radeon 9250 with 128MB (nothing fancy there)

MoBo MSI K8N Neo Platinum

Liteon Dual Layer DVD +/- writer (can't recall speed sorry)

Samsung CD-Writer (had that one from old comp LOL)

NO Floppy (which annoys me actually since I do have some stuff on floppies)

oh my pearl Logitech MX 1000 Laser :blink:

At the moment, I'm using an old machine which my kids usually use now.It used to be a Compaq. (Don't buy a Compaq under any circumstances: high price, terrible design details, terrible support.) However, a few years ago it had a motherboard transplant, so it's now a Brand X.Pentium III 800 MHz, 133 MHz bus speed, 512 MB RAM, 8GB Hard Drive.

Im currently running::2.8Ghz Intel P4 - Hyper Threading Enabled::::1GB RAM::::256MB Video RAM::::100GB+80GB Hard disk::::DVD ReWriter::::CD ReWriter::::MicroLab Speaker model M-840::::Mitsumi Mouse and Keyboard::::SpeedTouch 511e ADSL router::::Asrock Mainboard::Current OSs : Windows XP Pro & Fedora Core 4

Mine's an Acer laptop called Shiny McShiny, so called because umm... he's shiny.I know next to nothing about computer specs, so I'll copy from the battered little sticker...Intel Pentium 4 processor 3GHz15.0" XGA TFT LCDATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP40GB HDDDVD/CD-RW Combo512MB DDR802.11b/g wireless LAN[very little of that makes any sense to me. I have 4 USB ports, too.]

I use an iBook 14 inch.60 GB HD, 1.something ghz and terribly convenient to use ;)When I'm back in Germany I'll invest in a second monitor because this makes working with layout/web projects much more convenient.

enve, your just about the only one that made thing that my system was slow compare to others but thanks.Okay..mine is ok..but i don't know..i built it.. i'm 16 and in Jamaica so getting the latest parts are a pain ;):) but ok here goes..Asus A7N266-VM MBAMD ATHLON 2000+(can i overclock this? to 2GHZ?)740MB of DDR SD RAM 3200+70GB Hard Drive( 40 GB Maxtor Hard Drive and 30 WD)Nvidia GeForce 5200 FX 128MB Video CardATAPI CD-R/RW 20X10 (20x/10x/40x CD-RW) ELBY DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device (Virtual CD-ROM) LITEON CD-ROM LTN526 (52x CD-ROM) Lexmark Z22-Z32 Color Jetprinteryea it runs fast.. always got 16 system tray icon and 100+ programs running at the same time, how is this possible, don't ask

well, let me renember, mmm, if i'm not bad, i have:a pentium 4 processor running at 2.4Ghz(no hyperthreading), 512Mb in RAM,80 Gb of space in my hard drive particioned in two disks,one crt of 17 inches,normal speakers,normal mouse(optical),normal keyboard,no microphone,dvd writer that supports and also burns cdr,dvdr+,dvdr-, and the most formats,a genius tablet of 8x6 inches,multimedia is integrated with the main board,64mb in the agp,lan connection,6 usb ports,and a fancy light in the front,epson stylus r200 with cd print,and a set of good headphones(i don't renember the mark),and almost forgot, an ADSL connection to internet at 200Kthis computer is my essential tool for work, i will not mind if i don't had it, it's like my butter and my breath