xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ASR1405241491

The Skycar The first fully functional flying car

Moller International has developed the first and only feasible, personally affordable, personal vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL)  vehicle the world has ever seen.....

You've always known it was just a matter of time before the world demanded some kind of flying machine which would replace the automobile..... Of course, this machine would have to be capable of VTOL, be easy to maintain, cost effective and reliable..... Well, we at Moller International believe we have come up with the solution.... That solution is the volantor named M400 Skycar.....

Let's compare the M400 Skycar with what's available now, the automobile... Take the most technologically advanced automobile, the Ferrari, Porsche, Maserati, Lamborgini, or the more affordable Acura, Accord, or the like..... It seems like all of the manufacturers of these cars are touting the new and greatly improved "aerodynamics" of their cars..... Those in the aerospace industry have been dealing with aerodynamics from the start..... In the auto industry they boast of aerodynamics, performance tuned wide track suspensions, electronic ignition and fuel injection systems, computer controllers, and the list goes on..... What good does all this "advanced engineering" do for you when the speed limit is around 60 MPH and you are stuck on crowded freeways anyway?

Can any automobile give you this scenario? From your garage to your destination, the M400 Skycar can cruise comfortably at 350+ MPH and achieve up to 28 miles per gallon..... No traffic, no red lights, no speeding tickets..... Just quiet direct transportation from point A to point B in a fraction of the time..... Three dimensional mobility in place of two dimensional immobility....

No matter how you look at it the automobile is only an interim step on our evolutionary path to independence from gravity.... That's all it will ever be....

Moller International's M400 Skycar volantor is the next step...

The Skycar was also developed to not only utilize gas as fuel but also alcohol, hydrogen, and many other possible fuel resource to run... knowing that, no matter where you are in the world, no matter what time of fuel resource you have there, the Skycar will still be able to run and fly you back to wherever you want...

I hear a couple auto manufacturer has already checked it out but they all decline on investing into the skycar as a mainstream product.... Hopefully, once the gas price climbs up even higher people would start opening their mind to invest into something as advance and amazing like this...

If you guys know of anything more about this skycar or any other flying cars, please post and share the knowledge, thanks....

-----Please use the quotes tag on quotes. Source: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ -----szupie

Edited by szupie (see edit history)

Wow thanks for the link ASR! Of course though, we all new that as we age technolgy increases, it was only a matter of time until this was invented but it looks so much coller than I expected! I wonder how high it really flys?! Apparently there will also be care that run on electricity, this is to save the environment and cause less polution.

Dude, I heard about this years ago...

It's neat, but it sure would cost a lotm at least for a while. Personally, I think I'll stick with a car and Zenith Aircraft's CH 701 kit, which is all-metal and can take off in 60 feet and land in 80 solo. B)

I also hear this a long time ago, but I also I'm thinking that is a good option, but I don't think that in a near future, it will be usefull to all of us. Just think in the price of the gasoline, the petroleo is costing so much, I don't think that the people will paid for it. First we have to find a good combustible source. And in the other hand, a city is not ready to this, the have to build new laws and a new regulations for this kind of "flying cars" because they can be a serious problem to all the society. We have to think not only in the good of this, and see the problems that the can cause.But in conclusion I think is a good Idea, if a lot of conditions are accomplishmint.

Lol!i wish i owned one of those....but theyre probably for sale in US and im in UK so all hopes are lost but ive always dreamed of creating one of my own!Ever since i was a kid and i played a game with a hovering skateboard, i wanted to create one myself!and then develop it further to finally have a car of my own!!Id like to buy one but itll be too expensive.....i think that only BIL GATES can afford one....(Bill Gates owns Microsoft!)

Hmm... I'll be damned - a flying car; a hover car.

I mean, what are the credentials of this thing - can those flying automobiles really pick up to 25,000 feet? Can they maintain the speed at which they've been deemed to? In other words, are they what they say they are?!

My other thought is on the fact that you have to assume the actual safety of such a car nowadays, in this society. Would it require some sort of license; training of sorts? Well, obviously it would, but you see what I'm getting at.

In any case, that would be a really cool industry, if it ever takes off...

(Oh my freakin' God, I just made an accidential double entendre - sweet...)

For some reason, I don't really dig the idea of sending a bunch of really bad drivers (read: most motorists, at least in America) into the sky, where there are no lanes, barriers or other such funnels/channels, to drive/fly/whatever.But hey - I'm all about the alternative-fuel concept! If motor companies would put more effort and money into alt. fuels for vehicles that stay on the ground (at least until someone figures out how to route sky traffic without getting everybody killed), I'd be insanely happy.

I think that if we let loose a bunch of flying cars there would be mayhem. First off, if skycars were introduced, then EVERYONE would have to have one, because you couldn't have a road for normal cars + a... "sky road" for flying cars - You see what i mean? On the other hand, if the fuel was cheap, then thats great because there won't be many people being run over. PLUS it would mean more room on the streets because all the roads would be abolished.

.Solitude

I think that if we let loose a bunch of flying cars there would be mayhem. First off, if skycars were introduced, then EVERYONE would have to have one, because you couldn't have a road for normal cars + a... "sky road" for flying cars - You see what i mean? On the other hand, if the fuel was cheap, then thats great because there won't be many people being run over. PLUS it would mean more room on the streets because all the roads would be abolished.

.Solitude

1064325684[/snapback]

Back to the Future 2 anyone? :)

Transitioning to a sky car would be like the transition to the first automobiles... Most people wouldn't get one because they would be a hassle because the technology hasn't been "perfected" yet... They'd constantly break down. (See the beginning of The Time Machine (2002).... the guy's proto-car breaks down and you hear a passerby yell "Get a horse!")

Plus, you'd have a lot of old timers feeling weary of the new technology just like they did at the turn of the 20th century.

If they had anything in the sky, you're going to need severely strict regulations, and probably some sort of AI system that drives for you, because a collision up there would result in a couple thousand pound wrecks falling on people's houses.

I saw this on the history channel or discovery channel but I forget. This thing is pure nonsense and that makes it sound better than it is. It is completely fuel/cost ineffective probably because of the fact that it flys. Because of the safety it is completely out of the question. That thing is a flying coffin. Anything happens your dead. And something will happen. Imagine millions of people were flying around or something as simple as your car breaking down. I think the answer isn’t to get people moving faster or higher. I think a better way to reduce traffic is utilizing technology we already have. I’m sure most people with desk jobs could be doing those jobs at home. Most people at the office are on a computer anyway for Christ sake.

Funny, because this technology isn't new, yet they do have a plan that hasn't been scrapped. The technology was actually derived from Avro Canada's invention. They were trying to get a car that using some else than wheels. They accidentally invented a car that uses elevation, like a car VTOL.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Company info:Avro Canada, was a subsidiary of Avro Inc. from Britain. Avro Canada was the inventor of the Avro Arrow that can still beat up the F-18. Avro Arrow was invented in the 1950s to respond to the Cold War. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------xboxrulz

First of all, hi! My first post!Back to topic -->I have never heard of flying cars before, but I think it is a pretty bad idea from what u guys have posted. As well as just having accidents, falling over people's houses, etc. What if your run out of fuel? That would be scary. A car in the road runs out and just stops. A car in the air runs out and it falls over somebody's house ;)Also, have any of you ever wondered how big are these cars? In order to move what a normal car can they should need pretty big wings, am I wrong? Unless of course, the cars hover around, but that would take a hell lot of fuel, unless they implement hydrogen as a fuel, which by the way is too dangerous.It would be funny anyway to have these flying cars around, but I believe that we can use our scientists' energy better in researching actually affordable projects, such as trains powered by gas, electricity, magnetism, etc. or just research on the possible use of hydrogen as a safe fuel, that would end pollution pretty damn fast.Well that's for my first post, cya!