xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Would Back Door Work In Mambo? your opinion

Hi! I'm extremely new to Mambo, and was just playing around with it to set up a "back door" site for my main site's writers. I'm thinking that a cms might be a good move for my entire site, but I'd just like some input from people who know more about the subject. I've read a few conversion tutorials that I found throughout the net, and I'm still not sure about whether or not this would really work, and what the best way would even be. Sergio

Well, I know about as much as anyone here about Mambo but I have no idea what you are asking.Mambo provide very good content management ad allows for the creation of author accounts to allow writters to submit articles without the need to be reviewed prior to being published. Also, Mambo has hundreds of add-ons available and maybe as many available templates.Mambo is offered here in the script installer Fantastico for quick and easy installation including the creation of all of the database tables, writing the configuration files, and building the file structure.Once you have hosting here, I suggest that you give it a try.If I haven't answered your question, please be more specific about what you want and need an I'll let you know if Mambo is for you.Hope this helps. B)vujsa

A CMS sure is a good move. It will give your visitors the possibility to take part in the creation of the content of your site, and if they do so, they will more and more look at it as their site. So in other words, they do the work but it's still your site. Really cool! B) The only CMS's I have tried out are Mambo and Intrexx (but you need MS Internet Information Server for Intrexx). Mambo appeared very easy to use to me, and you can find a pre-installation in your Xisto's cpanel. Like vujsa said, give it a try, if you don't like it, simply delete the directory. GreetingZ