xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cyborgxxi

Nero And Copying How to copy game CDs

Hello there. I have this game CD (Warcraft 3) that is all scratched up and I would like to make another CD so that it would not be completely lost forever. I have Nero 5 Burnin ROM and I know how to burn stuff onto a CD but I don't know how to copy a CD onto a blank CD-R.How can I do this? For example, the CD would be detected as a game CD and the game wouldn't show, "Please insert correct disk". Also, I would like it so that the copied CD would execute the autorun when inserted.Summary of what help I need:1. How to copy a game CD onto another blank CD2. Do I need to manually put the CD image icon on the copied CD3. Any other stuff I need to know about?I also heard about ISO stuff... what is it and what does it do?

Hello there. I have this game CD (Warcraft 3) that is all scratched up and I would like to make another CD so that it would not be completely lost forever. I have Nero 5 Burnin ROM and I know how to burn stuff onto a CD but I don't know how to copy a CD onto a blank CD-R.

How can I do this? For example, the CD would be detected as a game CD and the game wouldn't show, "Please insert correct disk". Also, I would like it so that the copied CD would execute the autorun when inserted.

Summary of what help I need:

1. How to copy a game CD onto another blank CD

2. Do I need to manually put the CD image icon on the copied CD

3. Any other stuff I need to know about?

I also heard about ISO stuff... what is it and what does it do?

1064323450[/snapback]

Not that I am great with computers but

1. There should be a menu regarding Copy CDs. I really dont know about Nero when I use Alcohol 120% but you will be able to find it under "Backup" menu.

2. If you're referring to "opening" the iso file then yes. If you're reffering to "drag and place" onto the blank CD then no.

3. When I copy a game CD, I always have the same problem when sharing with friends. What I used was a crack exe. to make the game work.

ISO are like winzip or winrar files. Bundling up a bunch of files from a single CD to a single file then reburning it use various CD burner programs. Be noted that SOME ISO files can be extracted only by using NEROs and such.

One question: Why do people burn ISO files onto CD's?

Nope, people don't really burn ISO files. There would be no use of putting ISO files on a CD. ISO files is a way of shipping a whole CD in a single file. Suppose that I have 1000 pictures on my CD. And suppose that I want to send them to you, or to put them on my site so that you can get them.
I could send you 1000 files, which is not very comfortable.
But I could also put everything on a CD, and create and ISO image of that CD. So, I put that ISO image on my website, or on my ftp server, and you get it. Or I put it in a mail. this is a single file instad of a lot of separate files in separate directories.
Then, you put this ISO file on your hard disk, and you ask nero to "burn from ISO image", and Nero creates a CD from the ISO image.

usualy when they burn an iso to a cd, the cd will contain all the file in the iso, not just 1 *.iso file(if u know what i mean)and they do that to save space in the harddisk, this only happen to people with small capacity harddisk or notebook

"Please insert correct disk".

This is exactly the message when you tried to copy a copy-protected game, and the copy did not work.This means that you probably tried to copy the game CD using Nero and this copy is recognized by the software as an illegal copy.
Nero copies only the non-protected games. Most of commercial games are protected against copy. And Warkraft 3, Frozen Trone, is protected. So, there is no way for copying with standard tools.
That's why some people see some ISO files where the original game is replaced by patched games which can be copied.
And, of course, using patches in order to workaround the copy protection is trongly forbidden in most of countries.
Of course, nobody here at Xisto does such illegal things. So nobody here will help you for that purpose.

how to make origenal protected game cd to blank cd

Nero And Copying

1. How to make origenal protected game cd to blank cd

2. How to make iso from protected game disc

3. How do I put an iso game onto a cd

4. What is warcraft 3 cd name supposed to be?

5. How to copy a game to disc -

6. Putting iso files onto disk

7. Dvd x copy copies all files but doesnt ask for blank to burn .

8. Putting an iso image to disc with nero

-reply by parveen