xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

EZ Antivirus

Should I switch to Norton?  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

a while back i got EZ Antivirus.. the company was giving out free 1 year subscriptions. I used to have Norton Antivirus, and I thought it was great except for the load up time. Anyway EZ Seems to be really good, it loads quick, it protects well, and it was free haha.Has anyone else ever used it, because i found out that i can get a year of norton for free through my school, and i was wanting some opinions on if i should switch back to it or keep EZ. At the time I am leaning towards keeping EZ just cuz i havent had any problems with it and im too lazy to uninstall it and install norton haha!any help is greatly appreciated B)

Hey gamerchick39, the principle i would stick by in this case is- why fix something thats not broken, because having free nortons or free ez antivirus puts them in the same league and if ez is doing a fine job at the moment and you havnt been riddled with virri then there would be no point in changing just for one year. another reason i said no is that oce the year is up nortons will start spamming you with all that subscription software they have which really annoys me. So dont change B)

that is very true about the spamming crap.. the main reason i ask is because i dont want to be vulnerable, i mean i have never heard of EZ until i found the free year thing, but i have heard about norton and its reputation. But i am gonna take your advice, cuz you are right. If it aint broke dont fix it, and if it does break, the free norton will be there as long as i am a student haha well it should be anyway, my luck would be the school would stop doing that right before i needed to switch B)

If you like your current antivirus, stick with it. You might have to pay for it, sure, but you'll eventually have to buy Norton too (which isn't exactly cheap).Personally, I hate Norton just for the fact that it takes up so much space and devours system resources. But if you want to try it out and see how it works on your system (it might not be too terribly bad - sort of depends on a ton of factors), it might be worth it. If nothing else, keep the installation files for your current AV so you can put it back if you don't like Norton.

Norton is pice of sh*t. It's really slow, and slows down entire system. Use kaspersky, bitdefender, or avast.

1064322943[/snapback]

You are right man Kaspersky is one of the best anti-viruses ever made. I mean Kaspersky beats every AV in this world man. In every Anti-virus test Kaspersky is number one because Kaspersky focuses on one thing Security.

If you guys want to see more about AV test you can just visit this website AV-Comparatives it is porbably number one.

a while back i got EZ Antivirus.. the company was giving out free 1 year subscriptions. I used to have Norton Antivirus, and I thought it was great except for the load up time. Anyway EZ Seems to be really good, it loads quick, it protects well, and it was free haha.

EZ might be free but I bet it won't even rich 80% in the real tests.

or avast.

1064322943[/snapback]

I really dont agree on this one, avast are really slow! When I used it, it got my machine to go very slowly.

I use Norton, and I dont have any problems. And I have tried really many aniti-virus programs.. B)

I use AVG Free by Grisoft, I used to have Norton Anti-Virus. I find AVG better in terms of scanning, and also free updates are always available for download. It' very very good value for a free piece of software.

I use AVG Free by Grisoft, I used to have Norton Anti-Virus. I find AVG better in terms of scanning, and also free updates are always available for download. It' very very good value for a free piece of software.

1064323086[/snapback]

Payed version of AVG bearly riches 85% itself. What makes you people think that the free version is good AV for more info about AV's AV Comparatives I think you will be dissapointed.

I know this is an old thread, but I don't care. CA Ez-Antivirus is used by a lot of the major companies around the world. And a lot of retail stores, like PCWorld use it. I have the full version, which only costs $20 or so for a license (compare that to the likes of Norton). If you combine your antivirus, antispyware and firewall, you should never have any problems, so an antivirus that has 99.65% results, that costs hundreds of british sterling is uselss.