xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vaile

Vaile's Flash Mx 2004 Tutorial! For Rollover Music Sigs

HOW TO MAKE A ROLLOVER MUSIC SIG IN FLASH MX 04

its a n00b job, but for you who cant do it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Firstly, we need to open a new document.

Posted Image

2. Now, bearing in mind the sig you want to use, set the size of the flash document like so:

Posted Image

Note: These are the settings for my sig, you must make the size of your document the size of the sig you are using

3. Now, hold "ctrl" and press "r" to open the import window. find the sig you want to use and click open.

Posted Image

4. If it hasnt centered automatically, use the white arrow tool to move the sig so there is no white areas around it and so that the sig is fully on the document.

Posted Image

5. Double click on the sig, and press "F8", this will open the convert to symbol option, select "Button" and name it "overButton"

Posted Image

6. Using the black arrow tool, double click your sig and the timeline bar at the top should display this now:

Posted Image

7. Right Click on the white section under "Over", and select "Insert Ket Frame"

Posted Image

8. Now, while still on the "Over" section, hold "ctrl" and press "r" to import the song you want to use in your sig. Select it, and click open.

Posted Image

9. Still on the over part, go down to the bottom to properties, in the "sound" option, select your song, and in the "Sync" option, select "Start"

Posted Image

10. Now, select "Up" in the timeline, and yet again go to properties, in the "sound option select your song, and in the "Sync" option, select "Stop"

Posted Image

thanx so much been looking for this all over..only 2 problems...one sometimes i get a error saying it couldent read the music file i chosen and two..once im done and save this to my desktop how do i use it on forums..? i know how to do it with reg sigs but not flash

Thanks very much for your tutorial.I just started to use flash and needed some ideas to get going through my big head of mine. ALso, please keep up the good tutorials. I like reading them. eFX