xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
irwan6179

Problem With Itunes help needed

This morning I booted my pc and found out everything had been reset mysteriously by Windows. My visual styles, my icons, and my cursors were reset to the default WinXP look. Thnking nothing about it, I set them back to my original look.Then when I started iTunes I saw my entire library missing! The songs are still present on my HD but they dont show up in iTunes...wth happened?Oh and btw tell me how do I clear my entire library say if I dont want it anymore? I dont want to clear song-by-song, that would take years. Thanks

Okay, I hope you've solved your problem by now... But if not, here you go.

The iTunes folders are still intact: GOOD. There's no way you'd be on Easy Street without those.

But see, you are on Easy Street. Go to Edit->Preferences and poke around that kind of stuff (sorry, can't remember exactly and don't have iTunes on this machine) until you find the part where it shows your file directory. It should say something like "iTunes Library Location". Browse through that until you find your library and select it.

iTunes should load the library automatically. If not, close the program and open it again. It ought to do it right.

As for deleting your library, just use Windows Explorer to find where your library is located, and delete the folder. If you have to, do Edit->Select All and then right click->Delete.

Something strange like this happened to me but i didn't have itunes installed, everything was back to the default windows settings and even some desktop icons and start menu shortcuts were missing, after i rebooted it fixed most things except the desktop icons which was a pain to manually copy/fix all of them. Probably has something to do with the hard drive because on the same pc only once i had an error saying that the pc can't boot because there was 'no hard drive attatched' I turned it off and left it for a few hours then it was back to normal. strange :unsure:-HellFire

On he subject of removing files from your itunes library. If you dont want to delete the files of your HD you can select all of your songs (usually Ctrl + A, on win machines) and press delete, it will then ask you if you want to remove them from your computer your just your library, select your library and they are gone, but still on your computer.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally use another user name somehow...Does anyone else use your computer? Is it possible anyone created a new account then accessed it, and then set windows to boot to that account instead?Do you choose which user when you logon? Or is it automatic?

Hello,

I have problem like this some cd's I upload to my I tunes does not sync with my ipod it only sync like 2 or 3 songs from whole 10 songs album,but in itunes it shows all of them,thx for the answer

-reply by patrik