xisto Community
ebbinger_413

How Many Is Too Many Hard Drives completely and utterly overloaded

I think you have too many drives when you can't remember where you put stuff... 

Amen. :)

I have too many drives then. I have five or six systems and most of which I swap drives on depending on what I want to do on that particular day. I usually put alot of my web work on one or movies and games on another, then there is one housing my tunes. I have a larger one that does alot of all of that though, being the constant pack rat that I am I like backups. Now being into the mod thing I find I have seperate hard drives for my gaming platforms as well.

I am going to have to start using stickers to identify stuff. :huh:

I only have the two drives in my main system, but we're in the process of building a storgae server type abomination that will likely have about 4-5 drives once we find ways to attach them all.... currently theres two in there but its a normal old school case so if we add more we'll need to get out the ol originality :huh:

I, myself, have only two in my case, of which one is not connected at all :huh: The connected one is 40GB, which is really not enough for me, so I'll probably get a 200GB one.

But check this out. My ISP has a local dc++ hub and one of the operators in that hub has a GIGANTIC share - 1.3TB! Yes, you read well, 1.3 TB!!! He has a lot of HDs connected and also has a shelf with hard drives :)
Here's a pic of his cases
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

i have a total of eight hard drives in my computer :P:D i am very happy to say that. i have a server case, duh. three of the hard drives are scsi each drive is 9 gigs...yeah i know...so thats 18 gigs total. then i have four ide hard drives which is 2 20 gigs and 2 6 gigs for a total of 52 gigs...so 18 + 52 is 70 gigs yeah ....then i have  a mac hard drive in there that is only 1 gig...i use that for my paging file...so 8 hard drives for a total of around 70 gigs. then i have an ide controller with 2 cd drives on there (one burner the other just a cd drive) and i have a cd scsi drive in there as well...my case is totally full...not to mention that i tossed ten fans into the thing. i have a cpu fan, three in the front of the case, one on the side of the case, three in the power supply, and two on the back of the case. it is a wonderfull system that is dual booted with xp and vista beat. :huh::):P

is that crazy everyone thinks so...yeah...even i do...

1064321813[/snapback]

alot of hds yes but there all crap

system 1 has 4x 200 gig hdds

wer as my 2nd system has 8x 200gig hdds now that makes me proud