xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sickgrrl723

Favorite Influential Sites website designs that inspire you...

I guess it's just based on your style, but which websites influence you? based on all the components of a website: the graphics, the layout, the flow, the perks?

One site that I particularly like is one of my dad's old site, http://www.ugomoi.com/. This is a few years old, but it's way ahead of it's time. The site details my dad's art, his biography, etc. He even has a beginning flash page, where he managed to get his paintings in formed as if they were in a hall. You should really see for yourself, as it's a very cool site.

HTML_Guru : please dont mind. I like the intro to http://www.ugomoi.com/ , but frankly the color scheme inside is not that appealing. and information seems cluttered.

sickgrrl723:
As for my list , i think content tops its all and presentation ie readibility , ease of use etc come second. But come to think of it..ease of use is also very subjective term. I have been using CNN.com for almost 10 years now (for reading news..i know it may not be the best out there ..but its good in some matters) and now i am used to it. I think its easy to use.

Hehe; don't worry Hatim, I don't mind. Like I said, this is my dad's old site and while the colors could be better, I still appreciate the site. However, thanks for the input - and don't worry, I'm not gonna knock skulls with you because you think the color scheme is bad... especially considering the fact that, as I said, they aren't the best ;) .

i am inspired by the design of Macromedia website.

i like the gradient in the background and the overall high tech silver finish look of the page. the content is also precise and neatly organised into tables. most importantly, the page is very fast-loading since there are few graphics on the index page. anyone knows where to get a template that looks similar to this?