xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Reaver

Corrupt Mysql Post Cant Open File : astahost_posts.MYI

Hi
Another IPB problem ;) and this time i know for sure its not about mods..
A major clan disbanned last week and so i decided to recruit another and instead of making a new forum just change all the headers on the forum to the new clan and same for the user group then move all post from this forum to the recycle bin and delete them permanently from there and so the other clan could use the forum immediately. this worked fine for two days and then wen u go to my forums now all u can see is the portal and if u try and enter the board index and then any post u get an error My Forums

mySQL query error: SELECT t.topic_id, t.pid, p.post FROM astahost_posts t LEFT JOIN astahost_posts p ON (p.pid=t.pid) WHERE t.topic_id IN (40,37) AND t.new_topic=1 AND t.queued=0mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI'. (errno: 144)mySQL error code:
So i cant do anything from in my forum itself. So i logged into admin and went to Sql ToolBox and looked at astahost_post and under rows its empty or blank not even a 0 and when i click repair selected i get : reaver.ibf_posts repair info Delete link points outside datafile at 7800.

So at the moment i cannot restore anything because my forum has not been big enough to make a backup for it yet. So i would like to know if it is possible to Remake the astahost_posts in the mysql table and leave the rest of the forum intact.

Thanks In Advance

Reaver

mySQL query error: SELECT t.topic_id, t.pid, p.post FROM astahost_posts t LEFT JOIN astahost_posts p ON (p.pid=t.pid) WHERE t.topic_id IN (40,37) AND t.new_topic=1 AND t.queued=0mySQL error: Can't open file: 'ibf_posts.MYI'. (errno: 144)mySQL error code: hmm this error shows that u got some error in astahost_posts table .. so its nuthing to do abt any code or anything else .. u just have error in u'r database tables... so u need to fix the tables.. How To Fix It:now .. login to u'r admin Control panel and then click on "Sql management " and then click on "sql toolbox"\and then slelect the table "ibf_post" and at the bottom there is an option of optimize selected table,.. etc ... but u have to choose the "Repair selected table" and it'll automatically repair that tabels.. its the simplest way to do it... just make a try am 99% sure it'll work..and also keep in miind that it wont delete u'r past posts.. it'll not delete the conte4nts of table it'll only reair it .. so dont be afriad of using it :mellow:

I had the exact same thing, my IB post table was screwed up, so I tried repairing the table and still got an error so I dropped the table and recreated it with my latest backup and got back on lin, if I lost a post or two then that is just what happens, because you lose even more if you don't fix it.Hope you got it fixed.