xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
evion

Worm Found In Zen Neeons?

I do not wish to copy the whole article so I'll post the link and summarize it here:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,1854766,00.asp

PC magazine has reported that Creative's Zen Neeon released from a company factory in late July contained a Windows Worm. The name is W32.Wullik.B
Although this worm itself is not exactly harmful, it is proven that worms and viruses can now be transfered and hacked through company mainframes. This a serious problem because it could pose a threat to future developments. More hackers would try to modify the worm or create their own to try to get into company computers.
Let's just hope Creative and all the other electronic producing companies are now aware of this situation and has prepared a higher level of security for their computers.

I read about this just three days ago and yeah, it has accidentally shipped almost 4000 MP3 players with a Windows virus that doesn't really affect the performance of the mp3 player itself but well, although the virus may be a little old, I still find it quite hard to believe that Creative actually shipped 4000 virus equipped Zen Neeons right under its nose. This news is really disappointing to me since it just came right after Creative won its mp3 player patent. ;)

That really sucks, I was about to et one of those, I'm sure it won't have a virus though, you don't think it would now would you, I'm sure any of the ones with the worm would be off the market, maybe I should wait a few days before buying mine anyways, just to be safe, I don't want to get a virus.Thanks for posting this, I'll be looking this worm/virus up with Synamatic, I always like to know about virus's that have any chance of infecting me.

Haha... who knows, maybe it's some Apple employee doing it, putting worms into the Zens?Jokes asides, I think there is quite a serious breach of security here. Creative has to do more than this to beat Apple and kill iPods

Well, the worm has nothing to do with Mac. Right now, there's no virus/worm touch my computer because I'm using Mac and I'm proud of it.

That really sucks, I was about to et one of those, I'm sure it won't have a virus though, you don't think it would now would you, I'm sure any of the ones with the worm would be off the market, maybe I should wait a few days before buying mine anyways, just to be safe, I don't want to get a virus.

Thanks for posting this, I'll be looking this worm/virus up with Synamatic, I always like to know about virus's that have any chance of infecting me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>