xisto Community
Herbert1405241469

Perfect Dark Zero Woot

Anyone else anticipating this game?? ;)

I've been waiting around for this title since the original PD came out for N64 in 2000. I bought a Gamecube expecting Rareware to stick with Nintendo, but then they got bought out by Microsoft. Well, it's a good thing I didn't go out and buy an Xbox, because I just read that Perfect Dark Zero is in the works to be released for the Xbox 360 :)

The game looks sweet. I've seen screenshots on the net, and if multiplayer is anything like its predecessor, this game will keep me busy for years to come ;)

The Xbox 360 system itself looks sweet in its own right, so I'm making sure to put some money aside to get one of these things!

http://www.ign.com/

^Screenshots

I'm not nuts about the Joanna model the seem to have chosen. They had a really good looking one in one of the earlier screenshots, but they seem to have cartoonized her... She looks like an anime chick now. And the earpiece makes her look like an elf.

05/14/2005
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

^^I like this one. And it matches the cover art more than the following one^^

06/17/2005

^Probable box art

Joanna before Microsoft got to her:

I remember the game PD :) my favorite on N64. Then again why dont I find it when I'm looking in my collection?Yeah opps forgot that I sold it to my coussin ;)I thought the game had a really good system and have seen some trailers from PD zero.Xbox 360!! Yupp i'm buying one that's for sure ;)

PD was also my favorite for teh N64 besides super mario world 64. But i think that Joanna looks good in Zero.Im gonna get the 360 almost for certain and already have some money stached away.

Perfect Dark for N64 proved how well a game could be made whit effort and intelligence, theres not a single thing that was bad about that game, rare suprassed all n64 limitations and created the best fps for n64 imo, those dark sims were the hardest thing to beat on challenge 30.I had uncountable hours of fun and even anger [dark sims again] when playing this game, and it kept me trying to unlock everything, high replay value and uber multiplayer.I was so disappointed when rare left Nintendo, too bad I wont buy an xbox, no matter what games they have, Nintendo all the way..

Anyone remember that one gun in Perfect Dark 1 for Nintendo 64? You can see through the wall and shoot them through it too and stuff. That gun was amazingly fun and cheap haha. I loved using it against my friends, owned them up good. I miss that game and the Golden Eye that came out on that system. I also miss all those rumors that were made about Golden Eye haha. I'm sure some of you guys remember those rumors too. Gosh... that system was amazing.I don't think Zero will give me that feeling again. But I hope it can try it's best to do so. I'm looking forward to this game, and hope this is perfect enough to be good and memoriable in my memory forever. Gotta be or else >_<

theres not a single thing that was bad about that game

1064322983[/snapback]

Except the plot B)

Goldeneye was awesome because of the sweet Gameshark codes that people made to edit the game. I remember spending hours scouring the internet trying to find the best codes and printed off tons of em (I'm thinking hundreds of pages, though not all of them were good codes). I made my own "mod" once where you got plastique in Multiplayer, so if anyone shot it, the whole level would explode until you quit the game, which was only possible by shutting off the system, because you died as soon as you respawned :P

What is wrong with the plot? I think that the PD Zero game looks absolutly horrible, not to mention they keep saying that the game is going to be releaced later and later. Now that the contract for Xbox/Rare is running short I heard rumors that they are going to go back to Nintendo because right now they are making absolutly no money.Which would be very Awsome because that would meen more Donky Kong games.

What is wrong with the plot?

I think that the PD Zero game looks absolutly horrible, not to mention they keep saying that the game is going to be releaced later and later. Now that the contract for Xbox/Rare is running short I heard rumors that they are going to go back to Nintendo because right now they are making absolutly no money.

Which would be very Awsome because that would meen more Donky Kong games.

1064325736[/snapback]

Well I haven't played the story mode in years, but all I can remember were lots of plot holes.

I don't care which system gets PDZ, I just wish they'd finish it so I could buy it :mellow:

The only issue I had with Perfect Dark 64's story mode was the boss at the end of the game. I don't remember exactly what you were supposed to do to beat him, but I remember thinking it was typical boss nonsense. They should have modeled the last level after previous levels.Unfortunately, I'm with Slasher... this Xbox 360 is going to be totally overpriced and lacking in innovation. If I buy any system, it's going to be the Revolution. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those controllers.

Perfect Dark for Nintendo 64 was amazing for me too. I loved that weapon where you could shoot through the walls and see them through the walls. Cheap but very fun indeed XDI hope there are amazing guns like that again in this version of it. I hope I can get that awesome feeling as I play it for the first time as I had for the one on Nintendo 64. I was truly amazed on this game and Golden Eye 007 on how they were back them. I hope to kill as much people as I can on it :)

That weapon is called the "Farsight".Other of my favorite weapons from the old game include:Double Phoenices shooting explosive charges (the little blue Mayan weapon),The Laptop Gun which you could set as a sentry,The fly-by-wire rocket launcher,The SMG is very fun in this game,And of course the Sniper Rifle is a hoot.

I was sorely disappointed with Perfect Dark Zero. It felt nothing like the original... Why was Carrington wearing a kilt? Come on!I hated the controls too... Give me a good ol fashioned mouse and keyboard, and then we can talk ;) I loved the original. PD and Goldeneye are my two favorite shooters on a console, and I hate console shooters ;) I was surprised at the loss in quality of the composite cables from the N64 to the TV... I always wished the game was faster, so I tried running the 64 version in an emulator, and WHOA. Running a direct emulation without running the video through additional wires, the game was CRISP and clear! I just wish I could hook up a 64 controller to my computer so I could play through it. I tried mapping the mouse to the control stick but that isn't perfect yet. Too bad they don't have HD cables for the 64 ;)