xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nemisis

Never Realized How Customizable Vbulletin Is

I have heard people say how customizable vBulletin is....but I never realized just how customizable it is. I just used that free demo at their official site and logged into the admin panel. Those forums are indeed extremely customizable.The thing I would like to ask is..sis it worth it? Can someone help me out here?

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

yes, Vbulletin is very very customizable just go into the admin panel and go to customiz window select select all forums and then just klik customiz and ....tada your Vbulletin board is very very smaller :D

Sorry for the double post, for some reason I couldn't edit...not sure if we are not allowed to or if there is a time limit...Anyway, I want to know:

yes, Vbulletin is very very customizable just go into the admin panel and go to customiz window select select all forums and then just klik customiz and ....tada your Vbulletin board is very very smaller

What do you mean by that?

Im pretty sure he is just explaining a way to make the forum smaller and more managableAs for top forums, i like vBB and IPB. But i lean toward vBB because it has a wider range of hacks and skins, and as everyone says, its very customizable, you can change alot of things on this board, you could change so much that it wouldnt even look like a vBB board any moreAlso i completely agree with you when you say PhpBB is customizable too, the number of hacks and skins that come with PhpBB is unbelievable, some say that if you find the right hacks you can make PhpBB look just like vBB, the thing i really dont like about PhpBB is the admincp, the lack of options really frusturates me, thats why i stick with vBB or IPB

I agree, there is a lot missing from the phpBB ACP, however, I still prefer this over any other free bulletin board. Now, if I were not so cheap, I would probably go with vB. ;)

However, there are A LOT of Hacks for phpBB. Though, the problem is that I am a novice and am not too good with installing them. ;)

If you would like, you could email me or pm me and i can help you out with that, ive done alot of forum installing and editing, several times over ive installed vBB IPB PhpBB WowBB MiniBB YaBB, and a few other boards, so if you got some hacks you like and would like me to install them for you i would be more the happy to help you there.

if you have a lot of members which comes quite often, when you can get Vbulletin software and use it, but if you have another quite empty forum, better go for the free ones, also remember that VBulletin can use much resources :)

SimpleMachines 1.1RC2 is what I am using right now and in terms of functional usability, it scores pretty high. The only thing good about phpBB is the installtion, LoL.vBulletin, has a nice following, certainly you get the bang for your buck. Anyone here ever compared InvisionBoard to vBulletin? What do you think?