xisto Community
specter

Favorite Graphics Program? What program do you guys use for graphic

Photoshop CS3.love it.I know it' sbad, but i didnt even buy it a friend gave me the download files on a pin drive :]My only problem is that I have is that, adding on the the fact that i already had this problem, i had an exsisting disk space problem from excessive downloading and the scratch disks take up a lot of room sometimes with big projects, casuing my already slow computer to slow even more.other than that, i love it.

I use Photoshop CS3.Its very easy to use and has a great layout. I tried Fireworks before i got Photoshop but it just isn't up to the same standard. I feel using Photoshop + Dreamweaver + Flash is sorted for making websites!

I have been using Adobe Photoshop for a while now but have yet to fully unlock all of its potential. I used Corel Draw on a PC for a while but it always seemed to crash. Now that I'm on a Mac I using Photoshop without problem.

Probably not quite the right place to discuss vector graphic programs - based on the sorts of software mentioned so far - but I use Inkscape far too much. It's perfect for simple graphics and logos, and utterly ideal for creating fanart of my favourite webcomic. As freeware, and compatible on a whole range of OSs, it really is a pretty damn awesome piece of software.

Edited by Mordent (see edit history)

I know of GIMP and Photofiltre which are good free programs, but you cant beat Photoshop, i have ps cs3 extended and its much easier to use then photoimpact and paintshop pro which are some other ones.

There are many usefull graphics software on internets. But for sure the payed one are the best. I used to have GIMP, a simple to use but good program for animation and image manipulation. Because I wanted better tools i raised money and bought myself Adobe Creative Suite which I consider the best graphics tools out. Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Dreamweaver CS3 helped me allot. I strongly recomand them but before wasting you moneys be sure you can work whit them because they are all very complex.

For the artistically challenged ones as myself, the free and lightweight Paint .NET is a good choice. Its no match for the likes of Photoshop, but its much better than Microsoft's Paint. As the name suggests, its made for Microsoft's .NET Framework. The source code is freely available too. So, if someone wants to build their own Paint program, Paint .NET is the way to go. Also, it supports plugins which further enhance the functionality of the program.

I tried and am using Gimp and Paint.NET but what I miss in most of graphics programs, why don't they expand by default different features, for example Gimp has a script-fu full of "cool" and easy to sue features, why didn't they change and nothing new appeared in those years, I really would like to have a lot of those scripts to do graphics, because most of graphics programs do the same, filters, colours, layers and no scripts, also by default most of graphics programs could have much more gradients to choose of, not everyone likes to create gradients them self I guess..It's quite hard to find working normal scripts, even though there are lots of tutorials on the net how to do something, but still, for newbies having more scripts by default is much better in my opinion. ;)