xisto Community
Nybb

Miamihost.net: Imagehosting Miamihost = ***host

Miamihost is, undoubtably, the worst image hosting you can find in the world. Here's how it works:

> You sign up for a free account. They require your email.

> You get image hosting. Yes.

> You check your email. There's spam sent from Miamihost.

> You block them from sending you spam.

Next thing you know, your account vanishes into thin air! And then your images show a picture that gives the URL to miamihost.

This is so appalling, I can't even find the words to describe their despicable, fradulent business!

And they are affiliated with ezboard! Bah, great minds think alike. So do shoddy businesses that deal with spam.

If you want image hosting, I recommend these two sites ONLY:

http://www.imageshack.us/

http://www.photobucket.com/

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

They are also extorting big money for domain registration services:

Welcome to MiamiHost Inc.Domain Services

.com/.net/.org price per year: $49.95
.info price per year: $39.99
.biz price per year: $39.99
.tv price per year: $89.99
.ws price per year: $69.99
.cc price per year: $139.99
.us price per year: $39.99
.bz price per year: $69.99

Source: https://www.registryrocket.com/NoKey.aspx?error=missingeckey

These are astronomically high rates when you consider GoDaddy.Com selling most of these to you within a range of $7 - $15 per year. I was shocked to find out about their rates.. who in the right frame of mind would order from them ?? But then again since they are running the service, it seems they have got customers.. What gigantic IDIOTS. urgggh !!

The image hosting business is relatively new and will surely be gathering lot of these dishonest companies. If its not spam, then its adtracking cookies or something else. Just too bad people tend to jump into these before they find out how they finance their services...

Hey why dont you try out ImageCash.net for Hosting Images...ImageCASH allows you to upload/host your images FREE and earn cash from everyone who views them.Our system works with EBAY, Message Boards/Forums, Websites, Signatures, Blog, etc,etc...There are endless examples where Images are being used on the Internet, why not make CASH while everyone are viewing them ?!It pays out 30% (+10% for referred users) of the monthly advertisement income! This money is shared between all members depending on the generated Imageviews amount.ImageCASH Member Earnings for month July: 3830$ USDIs'nt is Great..

Yes, those are rediculous prices for everything, if it is Image Hosting you want, you might want to check out PhotoBucket.http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ is 100% free, I have used it for over 3 years, stores all my images, nothing is ever lost, great service, I reccomend it 100% to everyone and anyone. Check it out today!

Miamihost is basically one of those sites that make money by sending out those advertisements to the user's email account. Once they got a bounce from your account, they must have set up their software to take you off the list. Almost everything have a catch, but there are some that do provide good service for free (we're using it now at Xisto :D - just need to keep the posts up...only catch :D).Never heard of ImageCASH.net before. I can't trust it though. My computer has some spyware prevention programs installed and 9 out of 10 times (rough estimate) they are correct if I'm blocked. In the case of ImageCASH, I'm being blocked from that site. So I can only think that there is some catch somewhere there.Anyone else used it before?I agree with what the other two members said. I have used PhotoBucket for a while now and have absolutely no complaints about them. Great service that's free.