xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AbyssalStalker

High Fructose Corn Syrup Think about it

High Fructose Corn Syrup is in most foods you eat, including bread, juices, and even some sports drinks. High Fructose Corn Syrup is an artificial sugar that is very concentrated and very potent. What it does is set your body up so it's used to that amount of sugar, and requires more. Ever eat a full meal, say you're full, then randomly say "I could go for some twinkes!". Well, it makes you balance out any lost sugar, since it's so used to the level of the high fructose corn syrup. Anyway, keep it in mind when you eat those twinkies, and gobble that arizona iced tea. it leads to obseity!

What? I never knew that. You mean to say that it makes us take so much of sugar even though we don't need anymore? That doesn't sound too good. As you say, this might even lead to obesity. Or maybe that's the whole point of it. Maybe the food manufacturers want us to eat more so that their sales will increase. Is this thing perfectly legal? I don't see how it could be seeing that it makes people eat more. <digress> This sort of reminds me of what happened to Coca-cola back in the 80s (if i'm not mistaken) in India. The Indian government had to completely ban the sale of Coke in India because they were using some sort of ingredient making people addicted to it. Don't know how true that it... that's wht I heard about it, I was just a toddler back then :D</digress>

What? I never knew that. You mean to say that it makes us take so much of sugar even though we don't need anymore? That doesn't sound too good. As you say, this might even lead to obesity. Or maybe that's the whole point of it. Maybe the food manufacturers want us to eat more so that their sales will increase. Is this thing perfectly legal? I don't see how it could be seeing that it makes people eat more.

<digress>

This sort of reminds me of what happened to Coca-cola back in the 80s (if i'm not mistaken) in India. The Indian government had to completely ban the sale of Coke in India because they were using some sort of ingredient making people addicted to it. Don't know how true that it... that's wht I heard about it, I was just a toddler back then :D

</digress>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like what they used to do in the states when coke first came out. Hence the name.

Yea, They used to put a small dose of cocaine in the Coca Cola, which most obviously led to addiction. It was so bad back then. Okay, the population was about 50% less, but they had about the same sales.. THAT"S TERRIBLE!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They didn't deliberately but cocaine in it. It's called Coca Cola because one of the flavourings in it is from the Coca plant. You may or may not know that the coca plant is used to make cocaine. Recently Coca Cola have treated the coca so it doesn't contain cocaine, before adding it to the drink.

HFCS - Mercury LinkHigh Fructose Corn Syrup

Apparently the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy just did a study and found that there is mercury in high fructose corn syrup due to the processing process. That can't be good. The study was reported on Jan 26, 2009 and also says the FDA knew about the mercury content back in 2005 but didn't do anything about it. Not good.

-reply by Rick

Look up high fructose corn syrup on google. I think the results will astound you. We need to send a message to the food producers. HFCS and artificial colors are only the tip of the iceburg.-reply by Stktrader