xisto Community
stifmeister659

The Xenosaga Story In A Very Big Nushell SPOILERS

Quick note on this: the whole U-DO being a collection of souls thing....is it related to the organization in Xenogears that was collecting dead bodies to feed into whatever it was they were building? (sorry for the vagueness - I can't remember any of the names).

U-DO

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The consciousness of the Zohar.  Also known as the 'Unus Mundus Drive

Operation' system, which makes about as much sense as it is truthful.

Truthfully, the Federation named U-DO that simply to label it; they

claimed (and claim) it was an A.I. in the U.M.N. stirring up trouble

when in fact it most definitely was not.

Whatever it is, it is some kind of energy of amazing power.  It's

usually of a purple tint, and here's something interesting about

that: the color purple doesn't exist.  When the human eye cannot

comprehend something, the color is purple.  Purple isn't a real

color.  Therefore, we really don't know what color U-DO is, which

just proves that it is beyond the physical realm.

When Cherenkov is haunted by strains of U-DO in the Cathedral Ship,

he swats at them, telling them to leave him alone and that they were

the wrong ones and blah blah.  This is because Cherenkov believes

the strains are the people who surrounded him in his life, blaming

him for everything.  Cherenkov may be hallucinating, but a

hallucination is very real to the person experiencing it.  If you

watch the strains of U-DO carefully, they have faces; this is why

many assume that U-DO is a culimination of souls.  And considering

that in Xenosaga: Pied Piper, Voyager is told to gather souls for

U-DO, that assumption can't be very far off.  KOS-MOS' sensor system

cannot pick up anything U-DO is made out of; not even salt or water

like the Gnosis.

This is why some people believe that U-DO is a culmination of souls

brought about by the Zohar; in other words, if you touch the Zohar

and you die, your soul becomes one with U-DO.  If you're on Ariadne

and Ariadne gets turned into Cathedral Ship--a Gnosis--by the Zohar,

your soul becomes one with U-DO.  If you're killed by a Voyager who

made a deal with U-DO, he'll give your soul to U-DO.  Of course, this

is just educated speculation.

129656[/snapback]

Quick note on this: the whole U-DO being a collection of souls thing....is it related to the organization in Xenogears that was collecting dead bodies to feed into whatever it was they were building? (sorry for the vagueness - I can't remember any of the names).

132063[/snapback]

I dont know, i dont have the xenogears game

Thanks for the story summary - that's great.  Some comments:

Once I got my mind around Xenosaga Ep. 1 (X1), especially with the mentioning of Eldridge, it was clearly evident that it was related to Xenogears (XG).  I'm still waiting to find out exactly what the circumstances are that lead up to the crash of the Eldridge, though, and hopefully the later episodes will reveal this.  It also makes perfect sense to me that KOS-MOS and chaos wouln't appear in XG, as XG takes place so far in the future and, more importantly, is completely isolated from the events not occuring on whatever planet the Eldridge crashed on.

As for X1, aside from a horrendous amount of backstory and confusing plot twists, there really didn't seem to be much story (and the summary above seems to indicate that as well).  It seems like in X1 and X2, we're very close to the events leading up to the crash of the Eldridge, which makes me wonder just how much "big picture" story is in X2 (does Eldridge crash at the end of X2?).  I guess for some reason, I was sort of expecting the crash to happen at the end of X4, since XG did a reasonably good job of explaining major events between the crash and the beginning of XG.

Any opinions on the quality of X1 and X2?  I think they absolutely suck as games.  The majority of the dialogue is way to confusing to be remotely comprehendable.  I keep getting bombarded with new names, new terms, and "behind-the-scenes" action that makes no sense whatsoever.  Couple that together with having days between playing an hour of the game or so, and - unless I write everything down - I can't follow the story worth crap.  When I started playing X1, I was fascinated by the references to religion and philosophy, but now I'm realizing that these references don't really mean anything.  They're simply tossed in there, I suppose, to make us think deeper thoughts.  I guess the problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be any conclusions drawn about the nature of man, his relationship to religion or nature, or anything like that.  Even in XG, they tossed around "Id" "Ego" and "Superego" like they were nothing.  There's just no tie-in or comparison done, from what I can tell.  I think a game like FFX speaks more about our nature and purpose than Xenosaga.

132061[/snapback]

The Xenosaga games were some of the best RPG's ive ever played, the battle system in ep 1 was mediocre, but the story is fine

Ep 2 had a unique and great story that had few problems to is but the battle system is what REALLY hit me its ws far better then the first one

i have a question...

The Xenosaga Story In A Very Big Nushell

I haven't played xenosaga yet unfortunately, but I have to ask.. Isnt the eldridge supposed to crash during Ep1-Ep2? and according to you guys Ep3 is on the way.. I just wanna ask hows dat gonna affect the story? and where did you found out about Ep6? I just have to know.. I'm a Xenogears fan by the way.Thanks

-reply by knghtramsus

What is the rest of the Xenosaga story after Episode III?

The Xenosaga Story In A Very Big Nushell

I have just finished Xenosaga I, II, & III. I know that three more episodes were invisioned in the series. I want to know the rest of the story. Please help me access this information.

Rpgstamp@aol.Com