xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cyph3r

Change Font On Series 60 Phone

Well i thought since there was a mobile section let me see how many are the mobile freeks out here like me. This is my own creation and i have the instructions below.

Basically if you see your S60 nokia phone everyday, you mite get bored of the font in it, lol .. so i thought of makin a change to mine, and it worked so here you go, try it for urself, Leme see if i get a screenshot and i'll Post it here.

1) d'load the file .. UNZIP and send samver.gdr to phone (via cable or bluetooth)

2) use fexplorer and create a folder [ c:\system\Fonts ]

3) copy the "samver.gdr" to the Fonts folder you just created.

4) restart

5) to remove : use font remover or just rename the file removing the .gdr extension and delete the folder. >> Download FONT Uninstaller <<

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

>> CLICK to Download <<

Cheers.

Wow, I didn't know that it is possible to change the font on a mobile phone! Did you write this program youself? How do you know the source code to the mobile phone software? Do you have access to it? Does changing the font do damge to the phone? Will it crash it?

I never thought about being able to change fonts on a cell phone.I'm with a basic model right now (can't upload or download anything but text messages), so I can't try this even if I really want to.I'm not sure that I would download files that I don't understand. Or ... at the least ... I'd have to know the person who wrote them so that I could be fairly sure nothing too terribly bad would happen to my phone.

Phew .. so many replys ;) i least expected people to be curious about mobile phones. Anywayz, i am cyph3r, just writing with a new username.

Ok now to answer one by one .. I will explain how things work tommorow after college...

1) Wow, I didn't know that it is possible to change the font on a mobile phone

Well neither did i , a few play and search on the net gives me weird ideas and different things to try out. Mostly because the phone i am using is a SymbianOS. Thers no limits to experimenting :P

2) Did you write this program youself? How do you know the source code to the mobile phone software? Do you have access to it?

NO, i did not write the program myself. I found it over the net, helped with testing and shared with everyone around. I am no cool programer geek, half the simple programs i write in college, i need help from m^e bhai, so that one rules me out. Umm .. actually there is no source code involved :D , its just about replacing font files just like installing new fonts in windows :P.

3) Does changing the font do damge to the phone? Will it crash it?

If your phone is SymbianOS and is somewhere around the range of a 6260 or 6630 ( OS version 6.1, 7 ) then yes it works on all phones that support this OS version and around this range, you do the math. If you have a model you need to confirm , let me know and i'll tell you.

Well worst come worst, if the phone may crash ( which i never have been tru ) its always safe to bake up contacts and messages via PC Suit and then experiment, believe me, if anything goes wrong with teh software, then 1 format can solve it all and give u a new phone once again.

4) Can I also change it ma Reginal language font.......

Well actully no. It supports english as of now.please read my next post :P

5) I have nokia 7710.......is it possible on that also.

Hell yeah it does .. 7710 has Symbian OS v7.0s and it does support this little hack. all you need is a file explorer program like Fxplorer or seleQ.

6) I'm not sure that I would download files that I don't understand. Or ... at the least ... I'd have to know the person who wrote them so that I could be fairly sure nothing too terribly bad would happen to my phone.

Err .. sorry but i cant answer that for you :P , i mean u can always download files to the PC and let an antivirus check them (Norton checks for mobile installer files on a Pc for virus too now) , and as i said, INCASE , due to an incompatible phone, your software acts weird, format and ur done :) NOTHING can go wrong to a phone unless u throw it from a height :)

Hope i answered all .. i'll just write in detail of how the font change works by tommorow and then u folks can decide .. I am personally interested in mobile softwares and tweaks like these , and specially when it comes to Symbian phones , then hell ... i am all in one to help anytime :)

Regards

Dhanesh.

First of all thanking you for this wonderful info.I followed your steps and installed Comic Sans font onto my nokia 6600. It amazing. But now I have a problem when the phone starts it gives me a error message "App IKern.app closed" Is is a problem due to font installation or something else. Also my phone got demented and restarts itself as and when it feels so. Please help me or i will be forced to format my phone

I havent come accross this message yet, plus IKern.app seems to be an application file. Use Fexplorer, and search for IKern.app, tell me what folder is it in or if you can, tell us what Application it belongs to.I am 100% positive, that this .app file isnt related to the font installation in anyway, because when i made it i tested it on my own phone and the only thing that you have to do is REPLACE your font file. So i doubt it would conflict with any running app :D Plus i guess even if a symbian app depends on a specific font, that font would be hardcoded into the application itself.And if you feel that the font has caused this error, i would suggest you use the un-installer and remove the font from your phone, then check if the error occours. If not then, guess my bad .. it doesnt support your phone. Btw, what model is your phone ?RegardsDhanesh.

My cellphone model was nokia 5610. I want to change my fonts. Is that code will work on my phone?-reply by carmel joan jacinto

What do you do if you want to restore the original font?Change Font On Series 60 Phone

I have been browsing for the last 3 hours and I do not seem to find a solution to that. I have a Nokia 6600. Its neither a fold or slide. I mean the 1st model. I happened to install fonts on it that were activated when I restored the factory settings. I can not uninstall them because the uninstaller claims that the application is running.I have tried but all in vain. Well, I am having this problem and I believe it will soon drive you wild just as much as you were fed up of the original font. So if you can find a solution to that, I will be so grateful

-reply by Mukiibi Adam

Marathi Email from Nokia 3230 and Music Express 5800 Touch ScreenChange Font On Series 60 PhoneIs it possible to install Devnagari / Hindi/ Marathi for Emails/ Notes on Nokias mentioned above ? How to do it ? Baraha.Com or gamabhana are the popular Pc unicodes. How to make those work for Nokias ?-reply by Atom

ei does this work on Nokia c2-03 phone??? Change Font On Series 60 Phone

Replying to cyph3rEi dude, I was just wondrin' if the font style of "COMIC SANS" or any font style work on the new nokia phone c2-03?? I'm actually buying that phone this September and I was wondrin if that font style changes can be made through that phone since I'm actually an adik for that font whahah :D plzz reply thnx dude ^_^-

reply by mAxX13