xisto Community
moonwitch1405241479

Online File Editting In Group looking for one

Hello,I play a game called USI, which is a Play By Email. So evidently we also work together on an email, which we call a Joint Post (JP). Sometimes 3 people work on one post, which can be quite the hassle in MSN. Because you're limited to the amount of characters etc. Now some there (myself included) liked the idea of finding a webbased solution where you could log in (not necesarily) and work on one file with several people. Meaning that the change is seen immediately. Or after hitting send. So I am looking for something that allows several people to work on the same file, from a fully web based environment. Already suggested was the use of SSH and a unix server (vi), but because this is hard for the non-techie people (and just overcomplicates the sending through msn since you still have to let them know you're done editing) that was ruled out. Does anyone know of such a system, it HAS to be for windows for sure. Since 90% there are win users.

Why not use MediaWiki - the same one that WikiPedia uses ?? Except the changes won't be permanent till the admin approves them - but still the new additions are visible immediately after someone submits them. It's specifically cut out for document editing jobs like this with a CVS system thrown in.

I know I am unearthing a thread older than a year old, but I have a question similar to the one above. I am looking for a content management system where logged users can co-edit different pages ... a "wiki" of sorts.I noticed in another post that Xisto supports phpWiki and TikiWiki. I went to opensourcecms.com and played around with the two and was disappointed by the results. I am not saying that they are bad, but they do not fit with my particular needs. phpWiki is not customizable. TikiWiki is feature-rich, but there are a few quirks I do not like. I am not too fond of the wiki-style of defining new pages where two words (e.g., "Ferrari" and "Maranello") have to be contracted into one word (i.e., "FerrariMaranello").I have been playing around with MediaWiki and it may fit my needs. Since Microscopic^Earthling mentioned MediaWiki, does it mean that Xisto supports it?