xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gamerchick39

F.e.a.r. Siggy.. its big

so yeah a friend of mine wanted an animated signature for the new game F.E.A.R. so i decided to make him one... unfortunately i couldnt find any good video footage or really that many good pics so i had to make do with the little bit i found on google. So here it is:

Posted Image

I used Flash and Photoshop to make this, lots of resizing and blurs in photoshop and motion tweens in flash. It took me about 20 minutes to create this, not too shabby.

I like it, and would love to know how you go about doing this. Do you create pictures for each layer in Flash??

well its kinda funny cuz i do things different each time haha. For this sig, i made all of the pics i was going to use in photoshop, then i imported them into flash.i think i used 7 layers for the entire animation, 3 for the blur that transitions the zooming pics, one for the zoom, one for the text bouncing around, and one for the border, and one for the fade transition.It really depends on what im trying to do, but i generally try to keep things organized, which usually means everything has its own layer haha.

Erm... the sig isn't bad at all. I don't like it though... because it looks more like an advertisement for a game on a website. Maybe more like a banner type of thing, you know what I mean?Instead of having different scenes (the girl and the commander), why not have one thing. You know what, don't do a sig at all because it doesn't look good.When the game comes out, I'm sure there will be better images and graphics about it. So, I would say, "Hold on until FEAR is released"

Nice, although I still don't see how they keep making little girls so creepy... in real life it'd be like *smack....your unconcious* but in movies/games they somehow make them creepy haha...yes that was off topic...so.... nice sig :D hahabut yea seriously, good stuff expecially for a 20 minute job

so yeah a friend of mine wanted an animated signature for the new game F.E.A.R. so i decided to make him one... unfortunately i couldnt find any good video footage or really that many good pics so i had to make do with the little bit i found on google. So here it is:

Posted Image

I used Flash and Photoshop to make this, lots of resizing and blurs in photoshop and motion tweens in flash. It took me about 20 minutes to create this, not too shabby.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you get it to run automatically as a signature? I think it totally looks cool and I'd liketo try to make one.

Nice, although I still don't see how they keep making little girls so creepy... in real life it'd be like *smack....your unconcious* but in movies/games they somehow make them creepy haha...yes that was off topic...so.... nice sig  haha
but yea seriously, good stuff expecially for a 20 minute job

Yeah i feel the same way... sure the little girl startles ya but ya get over it and just wanna knock the crap outta them hahaa.. and thanks :D

How do you get it to run automatically as a signature? I think it totally looks cool and I'd liketo try to make one.

well animated gifs usually repeat automatically, at least when i create them.. in flash when exporting the movie as an animated gif, it has an option to repeat a certain number of times or it can repeat forever.

That's nice, gamerchick39. I agree that the little girl is a little creepy, but I like the blur effects and the zooming in kind of shaking. The way you make the word 'F.E.A.R.' appear is great, it bouncing around and things. Well done.

not bad at all, especially for being done in 20 minutes... i do agree that it looks more like a banner advertisement though... i think there is too much going on for it to be a sig, but then again, there are no set standards on what counts as what... so, all the more power to ya!