xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
barchil

Web Space And Mysql Database

hi every body :at the first thank you for reading this . i 'm about searching a web host that supports php+mysql with no limited bandwith and always i found that the web space 100-500 mb and suuport mysql my question is when they provide for example 100mb and mysql is the size of your database is incluse in 100mb or not !!thank you for your reading and for your replay

Depends of the host. For instance, 100webspace gives you 100 megs of space (after a period of a few days), but thier database quota is set to 5MB.Here at Xisto, the MySQL quota is included in the web quota. Meaning that you can have up to a 150MB MySQL database (Assuming you don't have anything else on the account).That's the way I understand it anyway.QBRADQ

The Web space and the SQL are seperate look at the screenshot, notice they are listed seperately.

Posted ImageIf you do the math add 69.13 to 80.87 and it shows up as 150 MEG and since databases are more efficient at storing data they would use less space than normal files, so I never even think about all the posts and so forth on my database, plus you can always prune old data, like a 4 year old post, or a test forum that prunes all but the last 20 posts, or clears out certain forums and users on an ongoing basis.