xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ASR1405241491

The Art Of Sales And Marketing Have knowledge? Spread your Wisdom

Hey forum friends... Well, I am currently in sales and marketing and I would like to improve my skills in anyway possible. I am sure with the combine knowledge from everybody on this forum we could cumulate up a huge resource thread for people interested in sales and marketing and how to improve themselves in this industry....As you already know... Sales is probably the biggest industry in the world... without sales, we would not have anything in our homes... Because everything relates to sales either directly or indirectly... The purpose I want to achieve from this thread is to get people to be active and express their concerns in general or in a specific area to better themselves as a sales person or a marketing person....Besides sales, i think marketing is an important tool for us no matter in our work at the moment or in the future when we start our own business... without proper marketing strategies for your business you'll never survive the first 2 years... and as we all know, 80% of people that start their own business fell on the first 2 years... So by helping us and reinforce our habits now on how to build a successful business would help us out a lot in the future...I know I, for one, am going to start my own business one day, and if I could acquire as much as possible, I would be successful and not have to regret even try to venture into that particular business....So if you have any skills or knowledge on how to market yourself and your company effective, please share with us, because itll help our whole community here to be successful financially...I am sure there are many on here who are already successful, please share your wisdom with us to help everybody else.... Even if you are not successful yet, but you have any knowledge in sales or marketing, please share it as well... Because not everybody is an expert in sales or marketing... What you know might be a brilliant idea to others... so dont be shy and express whatever you feel would benefit the community... Thanks in advance...Chin chin...

All you need to have is .... personality , charisma , wit and good communication skills ... a bonus would be having a degree in the arts / psychology area , good english skills are vital ( if you want to get rich ) . Basically understanding what your selling and who you are selling to is very important , this applies to any manner of context .Last thing : YOU are the tool YOU are the one who is selling . Not the marketing ,thats just another gimmick to describe your intention of indirectly robbing the other person .... don't need to make that obvious ..

All you need to have is .... personality , charisma , wit and good communication skills ... a bonus would be having a degree in the arts / psychology area , good english skills are vital ( if you want to get rich ) .

Basically understanding what your selling and who you are selling to is very important , this applies to any manner of context .

Last thing : YOU are the tool YOU are the one who is selling  .  Not the marketing  ,thats just another gimmick to describe your intention of indirectly robbing the other person .... don't need to make that obvious ..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, indirectly getting people to give you their money is technically advertising. Marketing is different than sales or advertising. Sales and advertising are only functions of marketing, but they are not marketing itself.

Working in Marketing is really kinda boring. It involves a lot of hours researching databases and doing research. Marketing is more about figuring out your customers and what they want and need. Also it is your job to figure out the best methods of reaching your target demographic. If that is through media, then you hire the advertisers to figure out how to reach them with create ads. If it is through direct contact, then you train and equip a sales force.

As a small business owner, you often have to wear all the hats. Personally I hate the sales end of things. I hate cold calls. They are the spam of the business telephone world. Now giving a presentation or setting up a booth at a trade show I am great at standing and talking to people about our products and services. I am also good at talking with people and conversing on the spot. Granted I know my subject area, but I've always been more of the, "If they want our services and products they'll buy them" than asking for sales/closing.

My degrees are in International Business and German with a focus on Marketing. Buying anything, especially cars, is a painful experience now because the sales guy makes his moves then I can tell him exactly what he is doing and the thought process behind it and why it won't work on me. Probably why I drive a Saturn.

hey thats cool , thanks for the inf...

Actually, indirectly getting people to give you their money is technically advertising.

But if your advertising the product as something you mutually represent , then you are technically selling yourself . Well according to my experience anyway . :D

I work in a family small business and at the moment I'm doing the service and making sure the regulars stay happy , that is my direct focus - sales - keeping the customer feeling welcomed .

We have a take-away / delivery and have knowledge of about 70 different types of asian food dishes .. this is my first time at sales and I find it already a good experience .

With the marketing side of things , well it's all about intuition , we just sit down over it on a table discuss what we know ,who we know and why , come to a decision and then advertise in those targeted areas . Motels / hostels are best by far .

unimatrix ,

now because the sales guy makes his moves then I can tell him exactly what he is doing and the thought process behind it and why it won't work on me

If I were the sales guy I would just think that your either interested or not interested :D however it wouldn't obstruct me from finding what you may like , or else I would just be wondering why you are here in the first place :D ..

Since you are so hard to please :P , would you also care to give me some advice on sales ? :D

thanks