xisto Community
jacky5283

Oldest Couple. Amazing.

Japanese couple claim to be world's oldest
TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man aged 104 and his 103-year-old wife, married 72 years, plan to claim the title of world's oldest married couple after hearing it had been awarded to two Americans.

Yoichi and Kazono Gomi appeared to have difficulty recalling their ages during a televised news conference in their hometown of Yokohama this week.

But family members said their combined age of 207 should entitle them to the record.

Philadelphia residents Herbert and Magda Brown, registered by the Guinness Book of World Records as the world's oldest couple, are 105 and 100 respectively, giving them an aggregate age of 205.

"You have to have a lot of hope," said Yoichi, a former civil servant, when asked the secret of living a long life.

"You have to want to be alive," he said.

"What we enjoy most is spending time together," he added.

His wife, who once worked as a nurse, appeared to shake her head as he spoke.

"You get bored just living such a long time. I don't enjoy anything any more," she said.

The couple have three children, five grandchildren and six great-grandchildren.

Amazing, japanese lifespan normally exceeds 80... I don't understand it, what they ate? What they done? How did they extend their lifespan?... I need answers...

Wow that is amazing! (for a second then i wondered i would look like at 102 and scared myself!!) lol my great aunt lived until 97, she was born in 1900 and died in 1997. It really does make you wonder how they do it, and what it would be like living for so long and seeing so many things!

Amazing, japanese lifespan normally exceeds 80... I don't understand it, what they ate? What they done? How did they extend their lifespan?... I need answers...

1064317785[/snapback]

I tend to go for quality over quantity, especially when it comes to life. I don't know when I'll die, so I want to get the most out of right now. If I live to be 120, which is how old I tell everyone I want to be when I finally bite it, then great. If I crash out before I hit 25, then that's great too. *Grins*

Really amazing! Now I have a problem related to that case: I found at Hallmark an album for a "50th Year Anniversary" discounted from $46 to $1. I bought it without even trying to think about the couples around me...and I definitely don't have anyone to give it to. Unlike most $1-Hallmark-killer-deals I've come across, this one is of no use. Should I keep it for me and my husband when we have our 50th anniversary, or should I simply give up and ebay-it?

Opinion anyone?

Wow. Most people don't live over 80 years old. It's rare for people to make it to 100, but it's amazing that they both made it over 100.

1064317831[/snapback]

well, they eat healthy foods, unlike americans(not being rude) who eat fatty foods only(not generalizing), and that is the bitter truth!i read that news before and i guess its true! japanese are hard workers and if you see what they do everyday, is all work! they enjoy after work, or seldom enjoys, but they do enjoy sometimes! they always have a vision, a goal, something that keeps them busy all their life. they use bicycles to travel, hence exercising, rather than using motorvehicles and getting fat..thats why you see japanese so much progressing, and stupid america felt jealous and attacked them so bad.. there's much more coming from them in the futur.. like, lack of petrol is not gonna affect their life while for american it will.. duh..