xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Social Life Is A Subforum For Superficial Phonies I mean it.

Superficiality. It means to be two-faced; putting your happy-mask around others and being who you are around your family. The former occurs at school and the latter shows at home. But how you act at home is who you truely are; and if you don't like it, you should fix your problems. Something that sticks to my craw is that I cannot empathize the reason people want to improve their social lives. I've heard that they do so to be popular but honestly, I feel that they are in it for the approval of others. Seriously, the only reason people are into iPods and Myspace is because "everyone else" has one. If everyone else jumps off a bridge, would you? Everywhere in school, people try to be someone else and join groups like Goth; and you shouldn't be like those phonies. You should be who you are.

My message here is don't follow the crowd! You don't need their approval, you just need your own.. and friends who are honest and straightforward to you. There's nothing wrong with you; an alcoholic isn't a bad person. They only have a problem that should be fixed.

Blows from a friend are better than kisses from an enemy. -the Bible

Jep, always remain yourself. Honestly, I'd like to improve my social life, but no way I'm thinking about changing myself, I just can't do that. If they don't accept the way I am, then I'm very sorry, but I am who I am.But that doesn't mean you can improve yourself, me, by example, I'm realy lazy and I don't realy bother much about things that do not interest me (and that are a lot of things), and maybe that's the reason why I keep forgetting those things.I can at least try to do something about that, whithout realy changing me, w/o adapting myself to others.

Also , what I think on superficiality .............................................. Nothing .Aphalite..is wrong because he is substituting his negativity towards 'superficial people' to make himself feel adequate about who he is as an 'individual' .Well my advice is until people can accept others for who they are then people would have more time preparing for life than watching how others live theres .>quote of a buddy named andy :"One cannot give offence - One can only merely take it "Have a think about it..

If you want to make friends just be yourself and if they don't accept you for who you are and not what you look like thats their lost on of my teachers said it's not what's on the outside but what is on the inside that counts-vire