xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
marcin

Is Corel Any Good ? Is it good?

From Corel.com"CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 introduces smart design tools for producing more creative and accurate graphics.Discover new and advanced features that increase productivity, and keep your workflow smooth with industry-standard file compatibility. With graphic design, page layout, digital imaging and motion graphics software, it is the ideal graphics suite for Windows®.Graphics SolutionsIdeal for both professional designers and business people, CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite 12 offer a comprehensive graphics solution. Featuring three industry-leading applications—CorelDRAW 12 for illustration and page layout, Corel PHOTO-PAINT® 12 for digital imaging and Corel R.A.V.E.™ 3 for motion graphics creation—this powerful suite delivers incredible ease of use and a wide range of graphics functionality—all at an unbeatable price!Press CoverageCorelDRAW Graphics Suite 12 continues to win praise from the press! Here's a snapshot of some recent coverage:“…the award-winning suite is a superstar graphics package with a brilliantly designed interface.”CNET, February 2004“The suite remains a good bet for business and technical users who want lots of graphics tools at an attractive price, and its improvements will please many existing CorelDraw fans.”PC World, March 2004“I have used many photo editors, but I find PHOTO-PAINT to be the most intuitive and comprehensive photo editing software available today.”DigitalImageCafe.com, July 2004"I have some money, and I need and graphic program - is it good?

Notice from opaque:
This post has been found to be copied. CREDITS FINED!
Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

I have some money, and I need and graphic program - is it good?

I guess Corel draw sure is a good program, professional and high class, no doubt about that. But for the price this program costs, you would get a nice holiday trip to somewhere or a nice little Laptop or whatever. What I'm trying to say is: Corel Draw is not too cheap! So why don't you just download the program somewhere and "test" it before you buy it? You sure can do nicer things with your money! :D
GreetingZ

If you are concerned with pricing and affordability, why not check out a wonderful piece of free, open-source software, the GIMP? https://www.gimp.org/

Although it's free, it's highly useful and funcational and can do many of the things Photoshop and Corel and the non-free software offers. Why not download it and give it a try.

Well, it all depends on what you're trying to do.I use Corel Draw v5 for some effects on my webpage, mostly fading from one color to another, and doing simple shapes. I use Paint Shop Pro v6 (It used to be owned by jasc, but corel bought them out) for all my file conversion, and photo touchup and other stuff. I use Xara 3d for all my 3d text.I also have a handful of other programs I use for specific things...But I would recomend trying out various free programs before you decide to drop that kind of money on something like corel draw. If you decide you want to use corel draw, you might see about picking up an old version of it, and if you still need more, then upgrade. It would probably save you money that way.-YB

I have Corel and Adobe and I like Adobe a lot better. Its more stable, has more features, and is smoother. Really simple tasks like resizing squares are slightly easier with corel, but once you get to stuff like beizers and gradients and all kinds of cool stuff, Adobe is much better. But like everyone else is saying, get the demo and try it out first.

I have Corel and Adobe and I like Adobe a lot better. Its more stable, has more features, and is smoother. Really simple tasks like resizing squares are slightly easier with corel, but once you get to stuff like beizers and gradients and all kinds of cool stuff, Adobe is much better. But like everyone else is saying, get the demo and try it out first.

1064322921[/snapback]

His is right. I use Photoshop CS 2 and boy I'll tell you best one. With the new featues they put in it man it is good.

Healing tools is the best. I mean you use it everywhere in your images B)

I would have to say that Corel is O.K. I used it a loooooonnnnngggggg time ago when I first started to get into graphics and such it was tops back then and it lead me onto Photoshop, having said that one of my work mates uses the new Corel and having had a go of it on his PC id have to say that it was disappointing, it doesn’t even compare to Photoshop. So id say that no, it isn’t any good in my opinion, but then again it’s very different to Photoshop and it all depends on personal preference id suggest you get the free trials of each and have a look see at them.