xisto Community
Dante_233

How To Speak Hacker

1337 5p34kEver wonder what all this is? {1337 h4xx0r} well... here ya go!Elite speak was originally created to spoof the automated systems(spiders) that the government used to track hackers on BBS's (BulletinBoard Systems)It worked well for quite some time, I'm not sure why it took so long for the gov to add this stuff to thier spiders.Anyway the finally did and leetspeak became useless.... but it's still here?Leetspeak has become a fad thing for hackers.Below is a little helper to get you started: format is English=LeetspeakA=4 B=8 C=( E=3 G=9 I=! L=1 S=5 T=7 Z=2Common words:Abuse=Flameare=bebeat=owndude=doodelite=leetfear=phjearfreak=phreakhack=haxorhacker=haxxorkilled=drilledlamer/loser=llamasucks=suxxortechnique=tekniqYay!=Woot!*****/****/etc.=Skrutyou=jooyour=joorThere ya go! go impress your frinds with how leet you are!...0r ju57 dr!v3 7h3m (r42y! haha

Hey nice one, I know this almost by-heart, I suggest you dont let all our friends know about the hackers language. Anyway I am a newbie hacker are you a hacker too? I said I am a hacker and not a cracker. I repeat hacker is guy who knows how to hack, but does'nt mean that he will hack for illgeal purposes, a cracker is one who does all the *bad* stuff.

Leetspeak is less the language of hackers today than of gamers. And every letter in the alphabet has a leet speak equivalent, although most speakers don't use them all.For example:K could be |<H could be |-|L could be |_and so on.~Viz

Jeigh, it's important to be able to read leet, using it on the other hand is not a good thing. I had to delete one post in this thread written entirely in leet that added nothing. So be cautious in your use of leet. Oh, and little known leet fact, leet first made its debut in the world of first person shooters as revenge for type-killers. Type killers, for those who don't know, are people who wait to kill a person until that person is typing so they can't do anything. Type-killers would try to read the message written in leet, have to think about it for a second, and the speaker would sneak up on them, kill them, and claim revenge.~Viz

That's some interesting information there, vizskywalker. So l33t did have a legitimate purpose in the beginning! Well, that's something of relief, I must say. I was beginning to think that l33t was invented out of man's perverse desire to drive himself to insanity. =^^=

I'm able to read l33t, but it's not something I actively tried to learn. It was more out of self-defense, I guess, otherwise I'd be reduced to migraines everytime someone typed in l33t.

Heh, I just remembered something... a couple of years ago in one writer's club webforum I used to visit, someone wrote a short Lord of The Rings fanfiction parody entirely in l33t. While I unfortunately don't have a copy of it (it was posted on a message board that went under long since), I remember that it made for some interesting reading since, despite the l33t-speak, it was actually well written. =^^=

Oh, and if anyone else wants to know what l33t's all about, here's the Wikipedia page for it. =^^=

I am a moderator for a children's forum and they think that l33t speak is all the rage. I am quite tired of seeing it, and so are the rest of the moderators. We got together one day and banned l33t because it became so out of hand. >_< The children hated it, but they eventually stopped using it so they could start using the forum again. :-)

1337 5p34kEver wonder what all this is? {1337 h4xx0r} well... here ya go!...

Rolling on the fool laughing. Thanks. Now all I need to do is learn to hack. Just kidding. I always wondered what the big deal with 1337 was (and why anyone cares about it). Now I know how to act like a hacker without actually making a key-logger and messing up some poor guys computer. Even with this I don't think I will ever be able to master computer "slang". But I'm sure I can confuse the heck out of people on games if I start talking "1337" to them. Well I wanna try this out:
I will own u b4 that llama haxor tries 2 drill my computer. :P

Hackers are people who have nothing better to do.

That was a completely pointless post. Did you even read the topic? It had nothing to do about hacking. It was about "1337". The post was about how to talk without having people or auto-programs understanding them. Exactly like a code so that programs can't have hit-words to look for. These hit-words are everywhere, the government sets them on your phone. If you have ever said the word "bomb" on your phone your conference has been recorded. No mater if you were really talking about bombs or saying "she is the bomb!" That was the point of the topic. As for the point of your post I'm still trying to figure out.

Okay sparkx, retract the claws.

That was my reply to your previous post where you said:

Now I know how to act like a hacker without actually making a key-logger and messing up some poor guys computer.

Sorry that I did not outline that for you.

Have an awesome day everyone! :-)

Hackers are people who have nothing better to do.

Is that a personal matter? or just an opinion that i guess is built up from the "mass media" education?.

Now I know how to act like a hacker without actually making a key-logger and messing up some poor guys computer.

I've interpreted this sentece with an ironic meaning. I don't think that a hacker is a loser, lamer or script kiddie wanting to earn up skills for doing dissaster to other people's computers. I think that people developing PHP, MySQL, APACHE, Every branches of Linux, GNU, or maybe experts that assist other people to create better internet, they and only they are the true hackers. Of course they own the secrets of internet and can do what a script kiddie does and much more effective, but "what's the need for this?". In general, a Hacker is a person that feeds the hunger of curiosity by exploring every detail of a system, and hence, it becomes an expert. If your target were to destroy, would you enjoy the process of creation and evolution of such a system?? I don't think so.

Is that a personal matter? or just an opinion that i guess is built up from the "mass media" education?.I've interpreted this sentece with an ironic meaning. I don't think that a hacker is a loser, lamer or script kiddie wanting to earn up skills for doing dissaster to other people's computers. I think that people developing PHP, MySQL, APACHE, Every branches of Linux, GNU, or maybe experts that assist other people to create better internet, they and only they are the true hackers. Of course they own the secrets of internet and can do what a script kiddie does and much more effective, but "what's the need for this?". In general, a Hacker is a person that feeds the hunger of curiosity by exploring every detail of a system, and hence, it becomes an expert. If your target were to destroy, would you enjoy the process of creation and evolution of such a system?? I don't think so.

Not a personal matter. Wherever the word "hacker" is used, the first thing that comes to mind is usually something associated with: virus, spyware, keyloggers, crashing of computers, data loss, stealing programs, and the like. I do understand your point though.

Learning new programming languages and how things work is a wonderful thing. One of my best friends has been recently hired by NASA to work with their computers. He's a genius with computers, but he does not do any harm. You have those people though who learn about programming languages, and the like, just to make a virus and destroy the information on a complete stranger's computer. If they do not destroy computers, they steal programs and the like because they do not feel as if they need to pay for what they use. Those are the irresponsible, immature, idiotic (yay for alliterations!) people who have nothing else better to do. :P

I call honest people (those who do not destroy/steal information-but learn for the fact of improving upon technology) who are really keen with computers, just that, honest people.

That's my view on it if people agree with me or not.

Have a great day everyone!