xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LikMeBalleFM

I Need Advice On The Subject Dvd Authoring

I just bought a sony direct to dvd vid cam and I was wondering what dvd authoring software I should use for all tasks, editing auhtoring my home made dvd`s.I want to compile all the home videos on to normal 4GB DVD discs.Please name a few options of which I could choose from.ThnX El

Well i wud suggest two programs and you can use them both or just the authoring software depending on your situation. The autoring program itself is Ulead DVD Workshop which is about $395 US last tim ei checked for the full version because of the guided steps tp make a semi professional looking home video and has a very similar feel to windows movie maker with the story board layout. Modifications - no problem it has in built tools to add menus titles edit and create text and supports a variety of codecs. Just as a note you will need a good system in the moderate to high end range with about 20 gigs of free space to work and be able to play with all of your media.And the second small free and very usefull program i use is dvdshrink for converting all ur final DVD creations to within 4.7 GBs to fit on DVD 5's but as i said earlier if you will be burning to DVD 9 's or higher or dual sided / layered disks then this wont be neccessary.Have Fun

Yes I`m familiar with DVD Shrink it is indeed a usefull tool but not quite the programme type I ment.Ulead DVD Workshop on the other hand I`ve never worked with and I will be looking in to it for shure thanx for that one Reaver I appreciate the help.ps: I`m still open for suggestions,..................anyone??

I have always used TMPG dvd author, awesome program to use and very simple layout. It gives you the option of having small sections of the video as the wallpaper and you can add all sorts to it. Its a lot cheaper than many of the other similar programs on the market, runs in at about $50. TMPG site

Also another dvd authoring software but at the higher end of the scale is the one by Adobe called Adobe Encore. I have never really used it to be honest as i cannot afford it! comes in at about $200. It sounds as if it has pretty much everything you can look for in an authoring program, but i have heard some bad reviews about it.

In the end i suppose it just comes down to what your more comfortable using and what sort of money you have to spend, but i personally recommend TMPG dvd author.

Also have a look here this is a list of all the dvd authoring programs out .

Hope this helps you in your decision

Happy Authoring !!

I use DVDLab. It seems to work well for my purposes. You can do easy to advanced menus and pretty much anything you need. For really advanced stuff you can use scripting, but I haven't quite got into that yet.