xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matrixlover

Can Phpbb Hacks Be Installed On Astahost ?

I read in the specs that Xisto gives you a phpbb board. I havn't have been approved yet but I do have the 30 credits I need to do so. My question is this. Will I be able to install my own phpbb to my website. The reason I want to do this is because I was to put mods or "hacks" as they called them on my forum. I don't know if I could do this for the on given to my by Xisto. Will I be able to install my own version. Or better yet, will I be able to put mods or hacks on the one give to me?

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

You can either put the phpBB2 right from the CPanel and then add the mods you want or you could create a database then populate it with phpMyAdmin using an sql dump from your existing already modded site (local site) then upload your pre-edited site to you Xisto account using an FTP client

Can someone explain to me what a php dump is?

Also, there is a file manager in cPanel, correct? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No 100% sure about the terminology, but I think a PHP Dump is just a term used to refer to the backing up of your PHP files. Here is a program from SourceForge that explains it a little.

Yes, there is a File Manager in cPanel :P

It is an SQL dump not a php if you want to export a database structure and data go to your C Panel and then go to phpMyAdmin then select the database you want to export then just tell it using the default settings to save as file.You will then see a popup window asking where you want to save this file and it will be saved according to your wishes. The file if you read it lets say your database were called phpbb then you would see using an editor several mentions of dumping this that or the other table contained in the phpbb database.I could provide screenshots if necessary but won't unless asked.