xisto Community
optykal

Ie 7: A First Look Heres a rundown

Just a note to everyone interested in using Internet Explorer 7.

You will need the following things - ALL OF THEM!!

WIND0WS XP

SERVICE PACK 2 (SP2)

VALID SERIAL NUMBER

Hehe - Microsoft is doing a VERY good job with the anti-piracy programs. Pirated versions won't have ANY success with downloading these programs. However, it's always possible that desperate people will find a way... somehow... sooner or later...

Well, I already was rather dubious about IE7 ever since I heard of its coming, and this beta version still hasn't changed my mind. Of course, I'm a Firefox user, so I'm rather biased on this issue. I am willing to try to keep an open mind, though.

Mozilla's Firefox has undoubtedly revitalized the browser wars and has arguably become the browser to beat. Netscape met that challenge by unveiling a sleek new browser with Netscape 8. While it still isn't enough to pull me away from Firefox, it does have enough new and innovative features to get an admiring nod.

With what I've seen of the previews of IE7, though, it appears as if Microsoft is trying to equal Firefox instead of trying to one-up it. Of course, this is still the beta version, so I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm not holding my breath, though.

There's one thing about IE7 that I'm leery of. I've heard reports that IE7 is to be for WinXP only. If true, it's going to be a huge boost for IE's competitors, especially Firefox. Not a problem for me, as I use XP Pro, but what about all those Win2K users out there? Not to mention the fact that many, if not most, companies also use Win2K, which means Microsoft will have a lot of disenchanted businesses on their hands. A bad move on Microsoft's part.

If there's any feature I'm waiting to see in Firefox's competitors, it would be extension support. That's the one thing about Firefox that, for me, raises it above all other browsers. But will Microsoft ever open up enough to allow enterprising amateur programmers to write extensions for IE? Doubtful.

You will need the following things - ALL OF THEM!!

WIND0WS XP

SERVICE PACK 2 (SP2)

VALID SERIAL NUMBER

Hehe - Microsoft is doing a VERY good job with the anti-piracy programs.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shure it is .. i had a win xp home and sp1 installed ... ( i couldent bare that annoying pop-up bar saying " active contect was blocked" ) well i tried installing IE7 and b4 it even started it gave the error that i should have sp2 installed .. ok fine .. i went to microsoft d'loaded that whole 220 mb whatever pack .. and installed .. wooot .. IE 7 started installin .. restarted ofcourse .. which is really annoying ..

Well by the last reboot when i had got back to the system to go check the browser .. it had ruined my dialup settings .. well i found out it was sp2 that had done it .. i reinstalled my dsl drivers and got that back .. well while on the net .. i did however notice that MSN Messenger and yahoo stops working .. now i didnt know who to blame .. over all i liked the way they did things with IE7 .. but compatibility should be added to others programs .. i mean i rather stick to firefox that has the same but better options than IE7 .. hope they improve in future for the final release ...

Honestly, how hard M$ even tries to make a reliable browser that is fast and secure, they just can't. Sorry for (the few ?) IE fans here, but as long as it's a target for hackers it won't be secure.The phishing chech is a good start tough, but I guess it won't take long before someone managed to let it crash, plus it can gave a false feeling of safety.There are still a few thing M$ should do:1) rendering correctly, not rendering wrong code like it's correct2) unlink it from windows, it's too integrated to be safe (to close to the system). FF is less integrated and can cause less problems.3) get a new cookiesystem, realy, some that website can't access that easily.

Ahh target to hackers .. sounds familiar .. lol .. according to cnet ..

" Microsoft wants its "Blue Hat" date with hackers to become a regular affair, with twice-yearly events where outsiders demonstrate flaws in Microsoft's product security. " Read on ... .. well i assume that hopefully they mite come up with a solution for our little solution here ..

Wonder how they treated the "hackers" lol :D cup of tea i guess .. with sum cake ? what really is microsoft trying to prove .. all know that the time a new security comes out .. a hack is available the very next day or maybe in 6 hrs .. lol .. so much for blue hat ..

I was wondering about that after seeing this post also.

Would the Esc key and F5 key, stop and refresh the webpage, respectively? I usually don't use buttons anyway. Love those shortcuts. LOL.

Somehow, I dont use shortcuts. I mean, for some reason! LOL I use the buttons.

A NOTE TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO USE IE 7

You must have the following things:

1. Windows XP

2. Internet Access

3. Valid Serial Key

4. Service Pack 2

Well, number 2 is obvious :D

hahaha that doesnt sound very good..i guess i will stick with firefox... though they need to make updatess to the extensions as some are not compatible with somethings... (java applet for exmaple)