xisto Community
prosorcerer

A Note To All Illegal Windows Xp Owners

Actually, it has already been broken. do a search on google, or look at slashdot today, they have an article on it, even going into how to do it. Its pretty easy. As for me, I still use good ol Win2k, and I intend to for the future. I am getting sick of MS BS. when I am finally forced to upgrade, i will just switch to Linux + Wine, or get a mac desktop and run Virtual PC or something.

there is no software which is not crackable.... it only takes dedicated team or a person for the job to hack and crack a software... after all its just 0 and 1 :) so dont worry about the updates.. like casanova said.. he found a way out through the internet... :P...

I wont really rely on MS updated. Because, whenever updates are released, there are always new ones discovered. Really, this MS problem wont have a permanent solution. So, beside relying on MS, i really like to give my hope to other protections such as Norton A.V and ZoneAlarm firewall. These are the best solutions for me so far. Therefore, i knew i am protected all the time.

The only problem with this crack is it was a retarded oversight, they'll have a fix shortly I assume (I mean...just change how the JScript works...) Hell a temp fix would be just to mess with the variable name... so yea I assume M$ will have this "fixed" shortly, although I hope they are dumb and don't haha

Hi,

all illegal Windows XP users WILL NOT be able to download any updates or software from Microsoft website.

Automatic Updates will no longer work, because Microsoft will have to ask for your Software identification.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Couldnt they just figure that out themselves though? The updates I find annoying and obnoxious but thats my opinion. I think thats good Windows did that because they would go out of business if everyone illigally downloaded XP

Why is it that so many people think that the Windows Updates are useless? I would have thought that most people who use these forums would realise that Windows xp, being as popular as it is, is the operating system that will be exploited. Security holes are found quite often and the reason for these updates is to provide some protection against someone who works out how to exploit these security issues. I admit that I dont run auto update, and i dont check for updates every week (In fact I probably dont use Windows often enough), but I check every time I can remember to. Anyway, I have a registered and paid copy of xp pro, but its good to see that Micro$ofts plans for copy protection have been thwarted once again. God bless all the hardcore crackers out there.

Erm.Sorry if this was already mentioned.But it's quite simple to get updates without having a legal version of windows.When it asked you to identify. You select yes, and then no. And then simple.You are done, and can download whatever you wish from their website. Not that I have a illegal version...It's just that I don't like looking for my serial number everytime they ask me for it.Besides...Do you know how many unbanned serial numbers there are out there?I was just looking through e-bay for a computer...And somebody had posted pictures of his computer...And he posted the serial number that was labeled on the back of his comp.Lambs to the slaughter my friends...

Hi,

all illegal Windows XP users WILL NOT be able to download any updates or software from Microsoft website.

Automatic Updates will no longer work, because Microsoft will have to ask for your Software identification.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sadly I must say that they found a way to get the validation with a crack.

Personally I dont support the piracy but I must say that there is always a way to find a way to get through microsoft obsticles

Jeigh where you get your little man at the one you use as your avator? I agree with most of what said in this thread about microsoft. But It apears we all have used or gotten a bad copy of xp at one time or other. But what ever is devoloped by microsoft or anyone else it can be hacked and will be hacked. the hard it is the more time the hackers will spend on it just to have the credit that they did it. My daughter was given a laptop at here collage with it was a cd with windows xp it was not the os that came with the computer but a special budle the collage got from the maker and microsoft. Well the laptop gone by the way of the rubish heap but I now have the sofeware. For the fun of it I found a program on the net and it makes a serial number for xp after you use it you run it again and it changs the code again. Then each time you restart the computer it changes again. I have my computer to auto update by itself from microdot. I have a legal copy even have the legal serial number just not useing it And I think that Microsoft and other companys are forgetting about the little guys out there. Not all of us have deep pockets like bill gates or Doanaled Trump. Some of us are collage kids working our way throught school to corperat Duds Im in there somewhere.

I don't understand why this is such an issue. As mentioned earlier, Microsoft has done this since XP's release, keeping a running list of cracked serials. Also, any copy you have without an expressed agreement to allow your use of the software is illegal. The copy from you're daughter's school is illegal if you ever load it. She is allowed to load it three times, and is never supposed to use it for-profit. Microsoft isn't forgetting about 'the little guy' student; every student in the world can get a heavily discounted copy. MS likes students; if you learn on a system, you want to stay on that system, so eventually, you will pay to keep using MS products for your business needs.Patches are a fact of life for any software product. If you want to push a product to market, you can't prepare for every security breach. I agree more needs to be done to prevent these problems before release; too often it seems these holes are easy to find. Perhaps patches are a good way to keep everyone checking in? Any way you do it, they're necessary for the health of a networked machine. If you are going to rip off software, don't network it, for multiple reasons. The best answer is don't rip off software. This all brings the MS hate speech around again. Ahh, the fury a monopoly brings upon itself. Well, if you don't think you need to open those .doc's, .xml and wmp files, maybe Linux is your answer. If you need to network with machines at school and work that run XP, then you probably need it. Maybe every message board is right. Maybe MS makes inferior products and if it weren't for Bill Gates holding businesses hostage with flashy advertising and proprietary infestation, no one would use them. Or maybe they're building good product. Really, really good product, that continues to best competitors (An independent top database researcher gave a laundry list of reasons in Nevada last month why SQLServer has surpassed Oracle in security and user friendliness). Maybe we all complain profusely because, in the end, we all end up paying those high price tags, which means they might be worth it.

"Well, if you don't think you need to open those .doc's, .xml and wmp files, maybe Linux is your answer."- Sorry, not .xml, excel. And you can open wmp in Linux. It's late. Where's that tequila?

I didn't know people had fake Windows.  That is very scary

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You realy didnt know that there is a fake windows?

If you could only visit philippines, you can buy almost all installer for 2 dollars a cd :D

Like for example, 2 cds of ALL ADOBE PRODUCTS which of course include Photoshops, Premier, Illustrator, After Effects and others.. this will only cost you 4 dollars :D hehehehheheh

Even games...

Say for example Silent Hill which has 3 cds I guess, you can buy it for 6 dollars...

So if you want to shop for installer of all kinds, games, software like Maya and OS like XP SP2, Unix blah blah come to my country and you wont regret it... Even DVDs hehehehehehehe...

A DVD is worth 2 dollars :P

By the way.. those installers I mentioned of course they contain cracks, patches and serials :D

So what do you think about piracy in my country? Piracy is not crime here :D