xisto Community
patchcr

phpBB And Mambo Login Login problem for databases

I have a problem with the phpBB 1 and 2 forums that C Panel installed for me. I chose an admin name and password but when I try to access the administration panel... I get nowhere. It says I have to reauthenicate. When I do, It simply takes me back to the home page.This may be a part of a much larger problem for me, however; I am finding that in order to properly log in to any of the systems I've installed on the server, I HAVE to check the "remember me" box. If I do not check that box while I'm logging in, The login will fail and I will be taken right back to the login page.Currently I have phpBB, phpBB2, and Mambo installed in separate folders f the root. I can't imagine that they would interfere with each other, especially since this has been happening since I installed Mambo, (way before I attempted phpBB).Any ideas as to what might be causing this behavior? I use FF 1.0.6 normally but I tried it in IE6 and had the same problem. I could never get to the Administration Panel for phpBB 1 or 2. That's rather frustating as you might imagine.-PatchCRI also have to report another behavior that I just discovered. It seems that I cannot log out of my phpBB 1 or 2 installations. When I click the button to log out, it takes me to the main page and I'm still logged in. I can log out of Mambo if I want.-PatchCR

I have a problem with the phpBB 1 and 2 forums that C Panel installed for me. I chose an admin name and password but when I try to access the administration panel... I get nowhere. It says I have to reauthenicate. When I do, It simply takes me back to the home page.

This may be a part of a much larger problem for me, however; I am finding that in order to properly log in to any of the systems I've installed on the server, I HAVE to check the "remember me" box. If I do not check that box while I'm logging in, The login will fail and I will be taken right back to the login page.

Currently I have phpBB, phpBB2, and Mambo installed in separate folders f the root. I can't imagine that they would interfere with each other, especially since this has been happening since I installed Mambo, (way before I attempted phpBB).

Any ideas as to what might be causing this behavior?  I use FF 1.0.6 normally but I tried it in IE6 and had the same problem.  I could never get to the Administration Panel for phpBB 1 or 2.  That's rather frustating as you might imagine.

-PatchCR

I also have to report another behavior that I just discovered.  It seems that I cannot log out of my phpBB 1 or 2 installations.  When I click the button to log out, it takes me to the main page and I'm still logged in. 

I can log out of Mambo if I want.

-PatchCR

1064316090[/snapback]

I will hopefully be using Mambo and phpbb on my site hopefully I will not experience this problem. If I do though and I come up with a solution I will notify you as soon as possible

:)

Are you using the same database for the two phpBB boards? If you are you need to use a seperate one for each one and it is possible also that you do not in fact have all the files. You should not have to but make sure that you file permissions are correct and if that does not work the use the link to phpBB at the bottom of the forum and go ask the people that made the software, but before starting a post try searching for admin login problems and you will probably see several posts concerning just that very topic and how to resolve it.

visitor login phpbb and mambophpBB And Mambo Login

I am using Mambo to develope my site, and using phpBB 3 as a forum.I was hoping to only make visitors loginto the site once, and then have phpbb reconize them.How can this be done?-reply by Sam I Am

-- This should be accomplished using a Bridge Program/Script/Module.