xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sxyloverboy

After The Storm. some critique on this please.

Here is a pic i took after some rainy time in my town. i went with my bike really fast onto a hill to get this pic but i suppose it could have ended up better.

Posted Image

This isnt a panorama or something it just a normal pic and i croped it to look like that.

After the shot i edited it a bit in iPhoto to get the colors like that.

That taken around sunset? The dark against the colors of the sunset give it just the right contrast. I like the colors in it.

Do you use anything besides iPhoto to edit your photos?

Gimp is a free program for both mac and pc which offers you a new way of altering photographs.

It does require that you have x11 from Apple, which is a free download.

Digital photography is the best way to be forced to use graphics programs!

Nice job.

That taken around sunset? The dark against the colors of the sunset give it just the right contrast. I like the colors in it.

Do you use anything besides iPhoto to edit your photos?

Gimp is a free program for both mac and pc which offers you a new way of altering photographs.

It does require that you have x11 from Apple, which is a free download.

Digital photography is the best way to be forced to use graphics programs!

Nice job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah thanks fot all those tipps and i do use other programs that iphoto. i dont know if you use i photo but u cant do a lot except some cropping and colors. i also use Photoshop CS2 and occasionaly Fireworks. i use photoshop for photomanips and all. and then just fireworks for doing stuff with borders and all cause its hase a nice user interface.

I tried to photograph a man-made rainbow before. It was not my doing actually, just playing with some sprinklers in my back yard one day at about 4-5pm? So i set off the sprinklers and i see a rainbow nice and arched right outside my backyard!! It wasn't exactly a captivating sight but it isn't easy to ge the sun's position right and rain falling at the same time to get a rainbow so I was really excited! Unfortunately for me my camera was beyong repair due to a little accident....ah well...I'll have more luck next time! :)

I tried to photograph a man-made rainbow before. It was not my doing actually, just playing with some sprinklers in my back yard one day at about 4-5pm? So i set off the sprinklers and i see a rainbow nice and arched right outside my backyard!! It wasn't exactly a captivating sight but it isn't easy to ge the sun's position right and rain falling at the same time to get a rainbow so I was really excited! Unfortunately for me my camera was beyong repair due to a little accident....ah well...I'll have more luck next time!  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol really? thats intresting. ive never tired that myself but i think i will try it. hopefilly it will work and ill get a nice rainbow. i think ill have to watch out a bit so that i dont get ater on it or anything when i do it.