xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
acynetc

E107 For Use With A Charity Site! Charity

I am starting to create a site for a charity, the current sites webmaster is dropping out and I am wondering whether to use e107 as a easy system to set the site up quickly, I also want to know what features you think a charity site should have, to help me please visit the current site and tell me any new ideas you have.
Click Here!
I will be very grateful for any of your ideas!

Thanks

Andrew Yates

The table on the front page goes down too far at the bottom and is overlapped by "Website Links".

If you want to trial some good, opensource content management systems quickly, ie without having to install them on your website and then uninstalling them when you find out you don't like it any more, go to Open Source CMS. They also have other things you can demo online like blogs and galleries, if you wanted to add one of those to your site. My ignorant mind has not yet heard of e107, so I can't say anything there.

Edit - I lied. I have heard of e107. I don't recommend it - on the CMS pages I glanced over it because it was so... Ordinary. It looks like exactly what it is - a site made quickly with a CMS. But further than that, the style is not.. aesthetically pleasing. There are heaps of better ones out there, my personal favourites are Angeline CMS for its lack of looking like a CMS, and CPG Dragonfly for easy functionality.

I've tried Mambo and Xoops and Drupal, personally I prefer Mambo, but I think for you Drupal or Xoops would be better. THey are all better than E107 in my opinion.Mambo, Xoops, Drupal are included in Fantanstico on the hosting here.