xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tunacubes

Need Audio Converter For M4a Format To Wma

I have a song that is a Winamp Media file, but I need it to be a Windows media file. Is there any programs I can get to convert it? I've searched, but found nothing. Please post some usefull programs that can help me convert this.Thank you.

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I have a song that is a Winamp Media file, but I need it to be a Windows media file. Is there any programs I can get to convert it? I've searched, but found nothing. Please post some usefull programs that can help me convert this.

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hmmmm. you didn't quite say what type of winamp media file? ok, here is the deal. I see that you don't understand quite what is the issue here. Follow me here:

Open Windows Explorer (Windows button+E).

Then click > Tools > Folder Options

Click on "View" tab

Uncheck box for "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click OK

Now goto folder where is your "Winamp Media File" and look closely on it's filename and "Extension", probably it will look like like this:

"Some File Name.mp3"

Well, do that, and post a reply here, with file name, so then we can able to help you and tell you which program is best to use for conversion. :)

hmmmm. you didn't quite say what type of winamp media file? ok, here is the deal. I see that you don't understand quite what is the issue here. Follow me here:

Open Windows Explorer (Windows button+E).

Then click > Tools > Folder Options

Click on "View" tab

Uncheck box for "Hide extensions for known file types"

Click OK

Now goto folder where is your "Winamp Media File" and look closely on it's filename and "Extension", probably it will look like like this:

"Some File Name.mp3"

Well, do that, and post a reply here, with file name, so then we can able to help you and tell you which program is best to use for conversion. :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that. I was wondering why when I checked the file, all it said was "Winamp Media file"

Anyways, this is odd. The file type is M4A, which I've never heard of.

what would be best audio converter period??i would like to know because i have lots of music waiting to be converted to mp3's and all that good stuff(not really my best field on converting music i just usually d/l it all)

audioconvert is the best i've tried so far. it converts basically any format into any other format. gives you multiple options. other than that, what other programs? mediamonkey... though it's crashed on me a few times. or winamp. it has plugins to convert to other formats. get them from the winamp site.