xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sneamia

Halo 2 Halo 2 Sniping Help

1. Practice. I know this is soo cliched, but it wont kill you to play a couple of custom sniping matches on weird places, such as ivory tower, lockout, midship (Oh, God!), Beaver Creek, and any other small map.2. Try getting more headshots.3. Sweep sniping. With a sniper, put your reticule near your target. Fire, then quickly snap the reticule over the target's head (or body). Practice it, and try to get it smoothly and faster. Sometimes, you may feel more comfortable snapping the reticule from right to left and vice versa. It doesn't matter. This will allow you to pull off those crazy no scopes as well as some nice long range shots.4. When sniping, use your whole body to aim. Strafe left and right to make minute changes to your aim and where you will fire. If you have your look sensitivity high, (like 8, for me), strafing is a must.5. Change your look sensitivity from the default (which is 3? i think). Work at it gradually, until you can get it to at least five. (i prefer 8, but sometimes even thats not sensitive enough). When you get good enough, you should to be able to snipe a person right out a ghost.6. Be patient. When being attacked by an enemy and you have a sniper, try to snipe them. Either sweep snipe them (I can't do this under pressure), or put your reticule near them and strafe until the target is in your sights.7. Watch sniping montages. Good sniping is not so much being able to put the reticule over the opponents head fast as it is knowing when you can snipe and get a kill. I watch my friends play, and there are about 5 times per game when they are sniping and I just think, "They could have sniped them right there." They had at least half a second of that guy's head being in his reticule. I'm talking about just pulling the trigger, not sweep sniping or anything complicated.8. DO NOT PANIC! This is very important. If you panic, you will definitely not get the kill. Just remember that its just a game.9. Dont overdo yourself. If you cant get headshots, dont (unless you are practicing). So you waste one extra round. Its better than missing 3 times before and getting one headshot.This is tried and true. This is all I remember doing to go from not being able to snipe a stationary target, to being able to no-scope efficiently and being able to snipe people out of a boosting ghost.--Sneamia

Can someone just tell me how well has halo 2 fared, cause as far as i remember, halo was a big flop, bungie having ruined the whole project by first releasing it for Xbox. I remeber the days when it was started, there were rave reviews how this game would single-handedly change the entire gaming scene, but they were obvioulsy wrong. I hope bungie has learnt from it's past mistakes and rectified them in this second version.

Halo was one of the best games ever made, and Halo 2 won huge amounts of awards for best graphics, best gameplay, best multiplayer, best original soundtrack, and others at the Gphoria game awards and others. Don't tell me Halo or Halo 2 was a flop. After Halo 2 was released, half a million people bought Xbox Live, and a million bought Xbox. I don't know how you got internet in your underground bunker you've been living in for the past couple of years...

Halo/2 is basically the only thing that would want to make me buy an XBOX. That's only one game though, and I'd have to buy more games if I want a system. Yes, there are other games that really shine, just they stink for me really. Hopefully the XBOX 360 can change my mind, and make me buy their system too :D

First of all - WONDERFUL guide.. couldn't have said it any better.Secondly, I have a tip for no-scoping - if you zoom in while getting fired at, the cursor automatically aims at your enemy a little bit. As soon as it scopes out, fire and you will hit them. With some practice, this is a very good method.

Notice from moonwitch:
Don't quote a long post when you have a short post

;)  what is up with guys and the Halo Games? Honestly, I don't think Xbox would be as popular if it wasn't for the fact that game came out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually agree with that.. Halo is pretty much all Xbox is. Sure there are other great games, but there are probably 10,000+ people playing Halo 2 on Live at any given time. That game is so addicting...

I usually use sweep sniping, since my sensitivity is set on ten, but that does not seem to work when not in zoom. Is this true, or is it just me. At least the new playlists feature team snipers (unranked)

halo 2 multiplayer

Halo 2

Replying to crs_cwiz

Halo wasn't realy a bust it just showed bungie they need to make some clean ups. The story line is good but if you play online thats what it's truly made for. And there has been discution about which is better halo 2 or halo 3. I'd have to say that the halo3 story line is better but the halo 2 multiplayer is more challenging and it takes more skill giving halo 2 my best rating.

-reply by EcLeCtIc SnIpEj