xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nachtgeist03

Domain Names Where?

Might someone direct me to a reliable site where I could purchase a domain name at a decent price? I tried that MSN one and it made me go "huh?!" ~ "Entity Name" uh... me? Perhaps if someone might take me by the hand and walk me through that that would be just as well...

I've been using Godaddy.com for years and I'm very satisfied. I can't lead you through it by the hand, because they've changed their interfaces a few times since I last listed a new domain. However, if you run into problems, I'll be happy to try to answer any questions. Just post them here. The most important thing to know is that they have good phone support. Just call the number on the pages you're using, tell them you want them to walk you through, and they'll do it.When I last signed up for a new name, Godaddy also asked for a company name. (That's what "entity name" means.) If you leave it blank, like I did, it will stay blank in your official ICANN registration, but that presents no problem. As an individual, I'm still listed as the administrative, billing, and technical content for that blank entity, so I'm still the big cheese for anything connected with those domains.

I've seen some video clip with a really sexy chick promoting it :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. It was an ad shown in America at the Super Bowl and some people didn't like it. Might have had something to do with what happened year earlier...

I gotta say that I first suspected godaddy.com. Their front page is packed full with information and I don't know about you but for me gave an impression of humbug... But then I asked on few forums (including asta) and everyone had just good things to say about them, so I went and registered my domain there.

And now, I think they're a good company. Their prices are probably one of the lowest in the web and services work well. They'd just really have to do something for their front page...

Since we're in this discussion, can anyone recommend the cheapest company for registering a .com domain? I registered my domain with Godaddy, it's cheap and the service is great, but is there a no-frills site where I can get my domain name for the cheapest price with reliability?

$8 /yr is not cheap enough?
What do you mean by reliablity?
Once registered you have the option to point your domain anywhere you want with DNS servers.
If you use the wrong DNS, or set it up incorrectly, then your reliablity is your fault.

as for the "chick"
Check this out: http://www.wwe.com/f/404-not-found.html
Name: Candice Mitchell
What she has done:
Playboy
WWE Diva
GoDaddy Spokes Model
to name a few
now lets stay on topic.

Honestly if I were ever to get a domain name I would defiantly choose godaddy. I have been looking at domains for 3 years and I have heard the best results from those who choose godaddy. Plus I think they're really cheap and reliable. So I guess you could say I'm a godaddy fan. Honestly I've never heard of registerfly, maybe I should go check it out.

GoDaddy occasionally offers sales on their domains that go pretty low. However, most of the time, .com names are still full price (but it's great if you don't care what the extension is to the domain). I've been a satisfied customer for over a year, and I'll probably never go with another company for registrations.

The registerfly.com is very good. They support a full controll of your domain and the price is not expensive. You can add subdomains for a A name, C name and so on. Besides, the subdomain can be used for forwarding (cloaking or non-cloaking). You can also make e-mail forwarding as many as you want. Anyway, they provide a lot functionalities that godday.com doesn't support. Consider it!!! Afterwards, they provide sale promotion very often, you can wait for a good price.