xisto Community
iGuest

Laptop Battery Out Laptops Battery not Charging

dell inspiron 1501 new battery and adaptor and the battery wont chargeLaptop Battery Out

This is a brand new charger and battery. It worked fine for 2 weeks or so. Now the icon says on ac  power and the battery shows no charge. I am really computer illiterate and I wonder if there is something I'm missing like how to switch to battery??? This is a Dell inspiron and so far I am not impressed..I have kids and it seems like it's one thing after another..Help? 

-question by suzanne

my laptop is not being charged even though it has plugged inLaptop Battery Out

Hi I have an acer aspire 36822XMI laptop and when I'm charging theBattery it works when its plugged in but as soon as I take the cord outIt turns itslef off when I check the battery life it says 4% remainingAnd it never goes up the orange light is on when its plugged and evenWhen I turn it off to charge it,it just does'nt charge up can anyoneHelp me please

-reply by prasant

My ac adaptorLaptop Battery Out

Hi people O've got a problem. The cover of the cable has melted and I've done something like put the cable in a way that the adaptor would work but now it won't work at all pls help me!

-reply by denisKeywords:

Follow my steps if you want your laptop to start :

- 1st :  Make sure the laptop is off and the AC Adapter isn't plugged in or you will be in risk of shock.

- 2nd :  Remove the battery.

- 3rd : Plug in the AC Adapter with no battery .

- 4th : Your PC will start normally :D but .. NOTE !! : If you remove the AC Adapter your laptop will immediatly stop, because you're not running on a battery !

Thanks :D Hope it works :D It worked for me .. Any questions ? email me : --> mickzster@hotmail.Com

-reply by mickzster

My charger seems to work, because my PC works correctly when I plug it. But my battery goes low very fast.I will try having a new battery, to see if it works better.

fault with laptop batteryLaptop Battery Out

hi all I have problem with my laptop battery.I < m using widows 7 operating system and battery Icon has changed its normal appearance and there is a red cross on the battery icon.And when I move the mouse pointer to the batery icon It syas that consider repalcing your battery.My lap top

model is hp compaq cq 40.And I bought it I year before and my warrenty period is over.I want to know is it hamful to motherboad when I'm working without replacing the battery.Still I can use laptop without pluging the power adaptor around 30 minitus.Without replacin the battery what is the solution that I can take????please help me.

-reply by Iamguest

My ac adaptor - Laptop Battery OutLaptop Battery Out

• Please treat the problem as an electrical circuit problem.  The AC Adapter output voltage must reach the battery & other laptop's internal circuits for the laptop to function properly.

• For checking the proper functioning of AC Adapter, check the DC voltage at the pins of output connector of Adapter after it is connected to AC supply.  If 18V DC is shown, the AC Adapter is OK.

• If not, then AC Adapter could be faulty. Disconnect the AC adapter from power supply, join the DC output terminal pins to discharge any leftover charge,  open the box of AC adapter, check for continuity of the AC & DC power leads upto its terminal connections. Check for any physical or burn damages on the leads or their terminal solder connections. If all these are OK, then the fault could be with the rectifier / electronic circuit of AC Adapter.  These circuits can only be checked by a trained technician who is familiar with the electronic circuit of the AC Adapter.

• If the AC Adapter is OK, then we may have to suspect the battery.  There are no direct means of testing a defective battery except to try it in another good working laptop, or try with a good battery in the laptop where the said battery is not working, to rule out that the laptop is OK & said battery is really defective.

-reply by iGuest

laptop battery outLaptop Battery Out

hey I m having a hp pavilion dv4-1318TU and my problem is little bit different from all of the above... By battery back up is awesome bt the thing is dat when I keep it on charging some times it shows like 70% battery available(plugged in not charging) and when I will turn off the laptop for some time then it again starts working nicely... I want to know that whats the problem... Is it happening bcoz of virus or some technical problem is there... Please some one help me

-reply by dawa

ACER notebook ASPIRE 5741G switches off after a few secondsLaptop Battery Out

I plug my laptop in to the mains after a few seconds blue and red (battery indicator light)flashes switches off. Sometimes with a loud beep will turn off. The battery charges up to 12% Laptop is only 8 months old. Have already sent it of once to repair motherboard problem screen kept going black, keys stuck. ACER required laptop to be sent without battery(as heavy?). Even though under warranty cost me to have a local comp repair shop download my files and inconvenience not having my laptop. I think the cord at insert is temperamental seems to need holding in a certain way for it to work. HELP PLEASEI have tried: changing electrical socketsTaking out battery and holding down Ac button for 10 secs as per ACER trouble shooting recommendation.

-question by TIKLPIKL

Every battery has some charging circle, means we can charge and discharge for maximum x-times (x indicate the quality). To use through AV power is better option to increase laptop battery life. And atleast we should fully discharge and again charge it full at once in months. otherwise battery will down.

Well if you just plug out adn see there is any problem with connectoror any dust / rust in there?if not then your battery is fully discharged and the normal way does not work.you have to charge it with some other charger, in batery store locally available near you.they can charge your laptop battery for 10 minuit and may be charge nothig or 1$ but your battery is ready to use. so you can use your even dead battery.well it happends with one of my customer anwith 3 year old battery , its giving 10 sec battery charge and now its giving 30 min chage with the same old battery.isnt it a grate ?