xisto Community
iGuest

Laptop Battery Out Laptops Battery not Charging

I left my laptop on, because I took my other computer to the technician for a check-up (some of you might remember what happened to that computer) and so the battery of the laptop was not being charged, so the battery was dead, because I didn't put on the adapter. Now, a whole new problem has arised. The laptop is not charging even when it is turned off. I tried to switch the adapter to several different plugs, but the charge light was still not going on. I tried to turn on the laptop but after 5-10 seconds, it quickly turned off. It feels as if the laptop is dead. I am not sure, how to bring the battery back to life. Can anyone please help? :)

I would suggest going and buying a new battery, then trying it in the laptop and seeing if it will charge. If it does then that means your current batter is toast and needs to be disposed of, if it doesn't charge it either means you have a bad AC adapter or the internal charging system of your laptop is bad. At that point I would suggest taking it in and having it looked at by a tech and then decide if you want to try to have what every is wrong fixed/replaced or getting a new laptop.I hope its just the battery or AC adapter. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Is there a remote possibility that the electrical socket isn't working properly? It can happen. Try plugging the battery and laptop into another socket that you know is working. Plug a lamp in it and make sure first.

Guess you don't have a friend with a laptop with a working ac adapter that you could borrow to see if that is the problem?

Maintaining and Troubleshooting your Laptop Battery has some good tips.

Lithium Based Battery information

I hope you are able to resolve this issue with a minumum of frustration and money.

Honestly, if I were you, I wouldn't attempt to fix it myself. You don't know what might happen, with the worst being you losing your computer. Rather you should send it to the company that developed your computer. (The address should be on a piece of paper that came with the package.) The reason you shouldn't call the helpline is because in a world of troubleshooting, you wouldn't get anything out of it. If you send your computer to your company and they don't know what to do, at least you'll get a new battery pack in return...

do you still have warranty coverage on that laptop? if so then just take it in the the service center and no worries. if on the other hand you don't have warranty anymore, the best thing i can think of is to take it to a laptop repair store, and try out stuff there. it's a lot cheaper than buying a new battery to see if that is the problem and then maybe finding out it wasn't. then you're a whole $100 or so behind and still no solution. it could also be a power controller on the motherboard. it could be a faulty adapter. if you have it plugged in but it still won't start up, i would suggest that the problem is not with the battery but with the motherboard or adapter.

I left my laptop on, because I took my other computer to the technician for a check-up (some of you might remember what happened to that computer) and so the battery of the laptop was not being charged, so the battery was dead, because I didn't put on the adapter. Now, a whole new problem has arised. The laptop is not charging even when it is turned off. I tried to switch the adapter to several different plugs, but the charge light was still not going on. I tried to turn on the laptop but after 5-10 seconds, it quickly turned off. It feels as if the laptop is dead. I am not sure, how to bring the battery back to life. Can anyone please help?      :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It is probably either the battery, charger or some bug or virus. I would try buying a new battery and charger and return whatever wasnt the problem. If its some type of bug or virus.... you're in more trouble

weiser_than_u  "It is probably either the battery, charger or some bug or virus. I would try buying a new battery and charger and return whatever wasnt the problem. If its some type of bug or virus.... you're in more trouble"

It's not, and couldn't possibly be a virus in the powersupply. Thanks for being captain obvious in saying the problem is wither the battery or the charger. I'm guessing the battery died, or the socket got disconnected. Does the laptop show the charging symbol when it's hooked up?

acer aspire not charging

Laptop Battery Out

Hi I have an acer aspire 36822XMI laptop and when I'm charging the battery it works when its plugged in but as soon as I take the cord out it turns itslef off when I check the battery life it says 4% remaining and it never goes up the orange light is on when its plugged and even when I turn it off to charge it,it just does'nt charge up can anyone help me please

acer aspire not charging

Laptop Battery Out

Hi I have an acer aspire 36822XMI laptop and when I'm charging the battery it works when its plugged in but as soon as I take the cord out it turns itslef off when I check the battery life it says 4% remaining and it never goes up the orange light is on when its plugged and even when I turn it off to charge it,it just does'nt charge up can anyone help me please

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you have a hardware problem with your battery. If you know a computer shop where people are kind enough, I would suggest to ask them if they can test a new battery on your PC. If a new battery works whereas the old one does not work, that means that changing the battery will be the solution.

Also have a look at http://www.aboutbatteries.com/ maybe a spare battery happens to be very cheap.

My battery stopped charging on my laptop too. I decided, since I don't use my laptop very often where I don't have access to a plug-in, not to buy a new battery. It was a bad choice. After a month or two of regular usage, my A/C adapter roasted itself. The thing literally started smoking one night. It turns out that those things just aren't meant for direct powering of the computer. At that point I had no way to power my computer. So I ordered a new battery and a/c adapter online and got it rush-delivered. Everything works fine now.

my battery wont charge

Laptop Battery Out

I used my computer normally last night and this morning the battery was almost empty. When I plugged in charger, messaged popped up on my window saying that my battery wont be charge. Anybody knows whats the problem and what should be done?

Almost same situation with my Dell Inspiron 1501

Laptop Battery Out

Ok so I just started having almost the same problem and without reading this, have done some of the suggestions. I purchased a new battery online for $50 but that wasn't the problem because it still didn't work. So I just got a new AC adapter which worked for a couple minutes, but now it isn't charging... Can't get the light on my laptop to say it's charging. (it doesn't work with just the battery or just the AC)

So does that mean it's a motherboard problem? Does anyone know how pricey these things could be? Is it worth trying to get it fixed? The computer and everything cost me like over 1000 so I really hate to see that all go to waste after 1 year (my warranty is up and dell doesn't have a place where you can send it in)

Help!

-reply by Elyssa

pretty much the same problem

Laptop Battery Out

A few days ago, I left my computer onfor a few hours, and when I came back, the battery was totally discharged, but it said ' 0%, Battery, plugged and charging', ever since, everytime I turn the computer on, the battery icon starts filling in (as if it was actually getting charged), stop, and then go back to 0%. Is it still a battery problem? that behavior confuses me. I have a compaq v3000

iGuest

iGuest, totally discharged means the battery has been completely used so it's normal for it to be at 0%. You should let the battery discharge fully once every month--no more. Have you been doing that? Other than that, I'm pretty sure it's not the battery.

It's probably the battery, on my brothers laptop, he had the battery widget on his vista sidebar telling him how much battery he had left. Once he fully charged it, it would read 100% but after a while when it was fully charged it would show 33%. This is normal, batteries dont last forever. My brother still has his battery but swaps the duties around with his power cord and battery so neither get to overheated.