xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
crs_cwiz1405241504

Gmail Notifier Keeps Asking Me Password Upon Each Reboot

I have installed Gmail notifier (like most of you out there) and since i'm the only one who mostly uses the computer, i've saved the password (besides, my profile is protected by a super password no one can guess :P ) the prob is that it asks me the password (though the password field is not blank) every time i start the computer. Is there anyway to remove this prompt when you start the comp???

Edited by microscopic^earthling (see edit history)

I never used Gmail Notifier before, but here's what I found:

Getting to Your Inbox
To get access to your inbox, you need to set up Gmail Notifier with your username and password. If you hate remembering passwords, you can select the "Remember password" option on the login form. Firefox will then skip this prompt the next time it gets online, and you'll log on automatically. Once you are logged on, simply click the toolbar or status bar icon and you'll display your Gmail inbox. You can open this page in the current tab, a new tab, or even a new window, depending on what you have configured in Notifier's Preferences pane.

The link is here. This is assuming that you are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser. You just need to install the Gmail Notifier extension (Tools->Extensions) and follow the setup in that site. It should be self-explanatory.

I never used Gmail Notifier before, but here's what I found:The link is here.  This is assuming that you are using Mozilla Firefox as your browser.  You just need to install the Gmail Notifier extension (Tools->Extensions) and follow the setup in that site.  It should be self-explanatory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. Just use remember password, and just hit enter everytime you log on. You get used to it after a while. When it asks me for my password, I know that my wireless connection is functional, so it is pretty useful.

I got annoyed with that, so I unistalled it. Now I just use the notifer built in Googlebar for Firefox. It's really annoying that Gmail notifier doesn't automatically log you on everytime, but I'm sure you'll get used to it.

You know, on these forums, you're supposed to use regular english, no internet slang like ya or stuff like that. You also need to use punctuation, correct spelling, and grammar.

I think you've all misundestood him :lol: His problem is that the program itself asks the password all the time, am I right?If that is the problem, I'd advise you to install Google Talk instead of GMail Notifier. It is really a combination of GMail notifier and a messenger. It is really practical since it is small and it's good with remembering passwords.

Gmail notifier solution for not keep asking passwordGmail Notifier Keeps Asking Me Password Upon Each Reboot

When installed at first Gmail Notifier did not asked any password or username at start, so when the Windows started Gmail Notifier went directly to function and get the inbox new mails.

One day something happened and a windows prompted asking for e-mail and password, so I did write both and checked it to remember it. That is the problem!

If you want Gmail Notifier to do NOT ask for password each time it starts, the next time that windows pops up asking for username and password, do not use it: just close it. The Gmail Notifier icon will get an (!) warnning after that. Just open Internet Explorer and go to https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=https://mail.google.com/mail/&ss=1&scc=1&ltmpl=default&ltmplcache=2&emr=1&osid=1 and login with your mail and password, and choose to keep the session open. Then go to Gmail Notifier, yet with the (!) and with the right mouse button choose the option Check Mail Now.

It will not ask you again the password with a desktop window.

-reply by fometeo

Signing in for my emailGmail Notifier Keeps Asking Me Password Upon Each Reboot

I go online via Mozilla Firefox.Iclick  Gmail and everytime  I go back to gmail  I must sign in!!

WHY? I must spend countless minutes signing in.

-reply by Nancy Kohlhepp

Login for gmail Gmail Notifier Keeps Asking Me Password Upon Each Reboot

everytime I get on the computer it is asking me to login and I was already logged in.  What the heck is going on.  I rebooted this morning, and now its acting like it never knew me.  I am the only one using this putter

how to start automatically on win7 startupGmail Notifier Keeps Asking Me Password Upon Each Reboot

is there any way to start it automatically on windows7 startup????

-question by Shishir goenka

Thankyou! This works! With Google Talk installed you're still alerted when new mail arrives. Thank you so much for this advice. It was driving me nuts having to sign in each time.

Thanks (G)fometeo !Gmail Notifier Keeps Asking Me Password Upon Each Reboot

I realize this is a very old thread but I just wanted to thank (G)fometeo on the odd chance you still frequent these forums.The problem is easily explained by saying that gmail notifier uses IE for its authentication so If you use Firefox or Chrome your copy of IE never gets logged in to gmail.It's a shame the notifier doesn't hook into the default browser for authentication rather than being forced to use IE. (I know it loads the default browser on viewing email which is why I got confused).

-reply by JeProject