xisto Community
lloydkirk

Very Cheap Domain Names 5.99 per year for .com/.net/.org,etc...

Go to 1and1.com! Seriously, these are the cheapest domain names on the net and I've looked around alot. Not to mention, they have a nice affiliate program which can effectively pay for your domain. The administration panel is pretty sweet two. If you're going to buy a domain name this the place to go. Im sure glad I got mine. :P

This is where I hosted my first domain for £2.99I then found a place where they were only £2.50 which is EVEN cheaper which shocked me.It's great even though there is no free email redirection.

Thanks for the link... I think that is the cheapest domain name that I have seen on the net without it being a sale... I mean 5.99 per year Posted Image that is just almost too good to be true... Even though I go my domain for $4.95 /year but that was only because it was on sale...

Service is the most important option for me. I don't know what services 1and1.com can provide, but I still have to give an advice here. A domain needs dns hosting which is often provided by the sellers. But I think a good dns hosting should have subdomain creation, url forwarding, email forwarding and so forth. Moreover, if your subdomain can be dns hosted also, it is the best.

The netfirms.com sells a domain only USD $4.95 per year. But I do not find the renew fees. Anyway if your are a starter to join the net world, it could be a nice attempt. You can transferr the domain to your disired register after 6 monthes. Of course, the register must have a cheaper renew and transfer fees.So it's better to get your own name.

I forgetted for metion one more information. The registerfly.com provides a cheapest price on .info. A new .info domain only costs 2.99 us dollar. If you apply it at the right time and try to Enter the code "INFOSPECIAL", you may get the on sale price $1.99.Strongly suggest you buy your domain for many year at once. The renew price is $9.99. I buy my .info domain for 10 years and it only cost me $19.9.

It's too bad. The 1and1.com only permits people living in American and Canada to buy the domains. It is the first time I meet. Unfortunitely, I am not one of them.It seems that I can't know what funtionalities it provides.

That is very cheap indeed. I heard of 1and1 before but never gave it a try. Just went to the site and it says $5.99 per year. Do they force you to get hosting from them also?I have GoDaddy for about 2 years now and have no problems. Is the company name important at all? I mean as long as you have a good host, GoDaddy, 1and1 and registryfly should all be good to use right?

Before rushing out to buy these cheap domains, please take time to read this article from Zolmedia about domain registration and ownership.

I know of one women who purchased a domain for her business and allowerd her internet service provider to be listed as the owner. She paid for it, it should have been in her name, but it was listed as belonging to the ISP.

Read the fine print, people. It might prevent a lot of trouble later.

A webmaster I know who sells domains said the one complaint she has with her clients is that they change their email addresses. Once you register a domain, please don't change the email address that is associated with it. It seems to cause problems.

I looked all over the site and it would seem that the price for renewal of a domain name is at least $5.99 or more, depending on what you have.

Hereis where I looked. Check on the domain section. There seems to be an annual price, but there seems to be no discount for the domain.

I assumed you meant the price of a domain renewal as the topic is "very cheap domain names"

Why not just sent them an email and ask about renewal versus new domain registrations. I'm sure they will reply.

A webmaster I know who sells domains said the one complaint she has with her clients is that they change their email addresses. Once you register a domain, please don't change the email address that is associated with it. It seems to cause problems.

I have changed my email address with several domains registered through GoDaddy, and never had any problems. They use their own customer numbers or usernames as the main identifier.

One thing one should be careful of, though, is not using an email address on that same domain with a domain registration. In other words, if you're registering example.net as your domain, don't use priscilla@example.net as your contact address. If you do, and you have some problem with the domain later, you may find it difficult to communicate with the registrar, or to convince the powers that be that you're really you.

Similarly, when submitting a site to a major directory like DMOZ, it might be better not to give an email address in the same domain. If there's a problem with your domain or URL, and they try to communicate with you to save your listing, they may find it impossible if your email address is on a non-functioning domain.

Also, it's good to keep a list of important places, such as one's domain registrar, to whom one has given each email address. That way, if you ever have to abandon that email address, it will be easy to keep one's important contacts up-to-date.

Personally, IMHO, when a website makes it hard(er) to find simple information that, for most people, I would see as vital to where they chose to go for domain registry, such as renewal price, that sends up a little flag with me...that, plus the fact that I was looking at their hosting packages just for kicks, and they have Frontpage and ASP support on their servers, but I couldn't find any info on CPANEL access, mySQL databases, or even if they supported PHP. I'm having warning bells going off in my head about this company, and was wondering if anyone on here had done any in depth research yet into the background about this company. Where's it based? How long has it been around? What's its record so far? Would love to hear some feedback on this, folks.